Ok so I've been thinking about focusing on a certain part of my musci theory and study that for a while. I have been cramming all at once which is giving a ability to recognize things when I here it and know what other things are involved in that area, but it's not giving me a good understanding about how it works. So I have spent a lot of time thinking on modes around a year now, I cant get anymore complex with it for it's too simple. Heres what I want to focus on.

Id like to learn more about sight reading. Particularly about staffs and measures and be able to take my whole notes, half notes, 4th notes, 16 notes, etc. and place them properly within a measure.

I typed this up after watching a study guide by Cesar Huesca.

2. Study sight reading, both rhythm and melodic. With melodic learn where notes are located in musical staff. With rhythm you will want to study the note values that u may assign to some give notes, such as whole notes , half notes, quarter notes, sixteenth notes, as well as thirty second, and sixty fourth. Learn the different musical symbols such as, clef, time signature, key signature, all musical bars, dynamics, accents, rest, ties, etc.

Any Ideas where I may get started? btw heres the link to his study routine for those of you interested? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nZyWOXg0PA
http://www.8notes.com/theory/
That's where I started.
If you're still in school, and the school has a band program, join it.
Sight reading comes with tons of experience reading.
And as far as counting past sixteenth notes, it can be done, but usually you just 'feel' the division of half the value of the sixteenth. One way though is '1 ta e ta & ta a ta' but it isn't very practical.
Also, get comfortable with dotted notes, and double dotted if you choose.
As far as the musical symbols and dynamic markings are taught on that link I put. Most dynamic/tempo markings and performance notes are in Italian with the older pieces though. (Andante vs. Slow, Mezzo Forte vs. Medium Loud).

With the staves (not staffs), there are seven commonly used, but you will mostly run into two. There's Treble clef, Bass clef, Soprano Clef, Mezzo Soprano Clef, Alto Clef, Tenor Clef, and Baritone Clef.
It's like Superman reading the teachings of Jesus. The two greatest musicians on Earth hath combined forces. I officially quit music, as it has reached it's zenith with that cover.