Hey guys, I've brought a pretty cheap guitar to kcuf around with, but it doesn't sound too flash, I was thinking of buying some rail pickups. Are these any good for electric? And would buying new pickups bring a better and clearer sound? I understand I also need a good amp, but I have that sussed.

any feedback appreciated
Quote by iJamers
Hey guys, I've brought a pretty cheap guitar to kcuf around with, but it doesn't sound too flash, I was thinking of buying some rail pickups. Are these any good for electric? And would buying new pickups bring a better and clearer sound? I understand I also need a good amp, but I have that sussed.

any feedback appreciated

Yes, if your amp is already a nice one, i think you would get a better, clearer sound with better pickups.

What's your guitar/budget?

I don't know much about rails though...you'll have to wait for other responses.
What guitar do you have?
What styles of music do you play?
Are you happy with your current distorted tone?
What is it about your clean tone that you want to improve?
Not taking any online orders.
I personally dont think pickups with rails are any better than the ones that dont.
rather than having 6 individual poles its just 1 rail. Try guitars with rails and without and let your ears be the judge. Its hard to really know what a pickup will sound like in your own guitar as the hardware and wood choice can vary so much and these things will bring different characteristics whether it be more highs or lows or even mids. some pickups work better for harmonics and clean and distorted tones so just use your ears.
94 Epi LP. Thin 335 style neck Schaller locking tuners Dimarzio PAF PRO (bridge) Gibson 57 re-issue (neck)