I'm considering getting a new amp for the new year but not sure what to get. I've decided that it's going to be a valve (tube) amp and so far have seen a few I like. I've got a Vox AD30VT at the moment but I wanna go for something bigger and better sounding. I've seen a few good deals going around for a Marshall JCM 900 100W Combo and a JCM 2000 DSL401 Combo but I'm not sure what to get out of the two if I was going to go for a Marshall. Anyone got any opinions on them and which is better? If not, can you recommend any other amps? I play mostly 70's and 80's rock and metal but I don't want an amp which is designed for metal. Something that's versatile. I'll be going to my local music stores sometime this week to have a look at some and try a few out but I'd really appreciate peoples comments to help me before hand :]

Thanks and Happy New Year!
Last edited by Natalie105 at Jan 1, 2009,
To be honest, you'd better getting a JCM800 if you can find a deal on one, but out of those, I would say the 900 is more 80's. The JCM2000 is pretty modern voiced, so for 70's and 80's music it is not really the better choice.