I need to listen to something other than my collection now, i'm getting bored of the songs i have...
I'm looking for bands or guitarists similar to the following:
Hoobastank
Creed
Steve Vai
Dream Theater
Sum 41
Metallica
Nickelback
Children of bodom
breaking benjamin
audioslave/ratm
MLTR
Disturbed
Slipknot
Korn
System of a down etc...

I know there are several different genres in the list, but i like all these genres, and would like to listen to new bands i dunoo of.

Thanks is advance....
Alice in Chains.
Gear:
-A Guitar
-A Bass Guitar
AND...
-amps for BOTH of them!!

(who cares?)
lamb of god, whitechapel, born of osirus, killswitch engage, sky eats airplane, the faceless....
rammstein, opeth, Fear Factory, Testament, Emperor, Journey, Skynyrd, the Mars Volta, Motley Crue, Muse, etc.
Quote by Benjami

Steve Vai - > Joe Satriani

I was going to say this.

Dream Theater -> Opeth (though I'm not sure as I haven't listened to much of either >.>
Metallica -> Pantera
Audioslave -> Velvet Revolver
Tool, good bass and very heavy
King Crimson, the later stuff 'cause they've been around sice '69 so the later stuff...
Queensryche, because they're Queensryche...
and if you like Dream Theater, then try Liquid Tension Experiment...
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
It'll take me days to try all of them out, a few of which i have heard..
Thanks guys!
ALTER BRIDGE
ALTER BRIDGE
ALTER BRIDGE

Seriousley, I think you should listen to some alter bridge. Make sure to listen to stuff from both of their albums though, as they get much heavier on the second album and it's very different to creed.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Quote by Dream Floyd
King Crimson, the later stuff 'cause they've been around sice '69 so the later stuff...

The '73-'74 stuff is particularly heavy.
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I recently had a dream that my dad died and my mum spent the life insurance payout on a new Indian dad, who told me to convert to Judaism, even though people usually change religion in September.
10 Years, Pearl Jam, Disturbed, Shinedown, Nonpoint, Sick Puppies, Trapt
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

Ok, i got a few songs of many artists now... I really like Paramore and Alter Bridge.