I have been looking for a new amp for a couple of months and I'm still stuck on what to get. My genres are blues, classic rock, hard rock and some light metal. I will be gigging. and my budget is around £250-£300 maybe a bit more.

The amp I have looked at so far are:

Fender Super Champ XD - http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/75541

Epiphone Valve Standard - http://www.imuso.co.uk/ProductDetail.asp?StockCode=EG01005

Epiphone So-Cal - http://www.andertons.co.uk/acatalog/info_SOCALHALFSTACK.html?utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=pricecomp&utm_content=allproducts&utm_campaign=googlebaseSOCALHALFSTACK

Laney VC-15 - http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/shop/flypage/product_id/24872/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=base
try a valveking 112, no matter what everyone says theyre actually pretty good sounding
GEAR

customised westfield strat soon to be HH
MIJ 68'reissue strat from 1996

bunch of boss pedals
I play the same sort stuff as you do and I got the Vox AD50VT. Really nice amp. Its a hybrid so its got the best of valve and solid state. Can get em for about £220 online.
Line 6 Spider 3

It's like a chameleon. I play metal and jazz and i play it with my Ibanez RG and it sounds Brilliant for both. You can pretty much get any sound out of it that you want.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Quote by higgy30
try a valveking 112, no matter what everyone says theyre actually pretty good sounding

I have one, and they're great.

Look around second hand though, however much I do love my valveking, a (I think it was) JCM 600 combo up for sale second hand in a local music shop at around the same price

How I wish I waited a few more months..
Quote by KileManA7X
You sir, are an honorary genius! Take this badge, you made us proud!
wow, i dont think i've ever seen anyone be so unlucky with responses before

if youre playing big gigs unmicd i'd go for the 50W epiphone any day

see if you can pick up a used Laney VC50, that's perfect for you as the epiphone may need a bit of help doing metal
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
The Laney is good for all those genres, except metal, but it could probably do that with some sort of distortion pedal. I'm not a huge fan of those Epiphones, they just seem to lack something tonewise, although I haven't played either very much, so that's probably it.

All decent choices really, but as someone said, you should try out a valveking as well.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
wow, i dont think i've ever seen anyone be so unlucky with responses before

if youre playing big gigs unmicd i'd go for the 50W epiphone any day

see if you can pick up a used Laney VC50, that's perfect for you as the epiphone may need a bit of help doing metal

Have you actually heard those Epiphones?
Quote by Horlicks
Have you actually heard those Epiphones?

nope

and i dont mind admitting it because IMO you cant gig with 15W
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
My brother has the Grainger Hammerhead 50 which is essentially a rebranded So-Cal.

It's only good for kinda classic rock at most, the gain levels are pretty poor. As you increase the gain, it get's unbelievably fuzzy and there is no clarity to it. Cleans and light gain are great though, although I think he should get rid of the stock 4x12" which sound ****!
look for some used amps..... or the Laney
Ibanez RGA 8 (Dimarzio D Activator 8)->Rocktron Hush->Engl E530 preamp->Marshall 9200 poweramp->Marshall 4x12 closed back cab w/ G12t75's
Quote by Mwoit
My brother has the Grainger Hammerhead 50 which is essentially a rebranded So-Cal.

It's only good for kinda classic rock at most, the gain levels are pretty poor. As you increase the gain, it get's unbelievably fuzzy and there is no clarity to it. Cleans and light gain are great though, although I think he should get rid of the stock 4x12" which sound ****!

I most probably just put an od pedal in front of it with the clean channel. I found this video and IMO I think it sounds pretty good. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SHUjNcimakI

EDIT: I was also looking at the 15w blackheart
Last edited by Led Zeppelin45 at Jan 1, 2009,
laney vc30? depends on what you mean by light metal...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'd get the Super Champ XD, oh wait I did get it
SIGNATURE