Alright. I'd convinced myself that a ZOOM G2.1U was the best multi-effects pedal I can get for $150. I was going through a few reviews in Harmony Central. Needless to say, there were people who were "blown away" by it and those who talked about it as if it were trash...

These conflicting opinions have confused me now... I know that many, if not all, good reviews are written in sheer excitement of having procured new equipment... I would like to know what UG says about the G2.1U. Yes, I've gone through UGs reviews as well. Same story... What do you guys say? Should I take the plunge and buy it or do you have any suggestions?

P.S. I own a Ibanez RG2EX1 and a chinese-made (I know...) SS amp. I'm pretty happy with the amp. Not many issues with it... So I'm gonna buy a multi-effects pedal. And, no, I can't buy separate pedals because I need the effects and not rich enough to get all the pedals separately.
I have a sig!

Quote by caskettheclown
... ive seen a dog do that once, he was trying to lick his nuts and farted real loud on his face....it sounded like a human fart. now he looks like he has down syndrome for some reason.

I used to own one, it was dire.
Distortion models are awful, the tuner is good, some effects are good.
Let me get this straight... The factory patches aren't that great. And the distortion isn't great. Distortion and Drive are separate effects right? If yes, how does drive sound? Btw, can't I like tweak with the knobs and get a nice distortion patch? I'm kinda ignorant about this stuff...
I have a sig!

Quote by caskettheclown
... ive seen a dog do that once, he was trying to lick his nuts and farted real loud on his face....it sounded like a human fart. now he looks like he has down syndrome for some reason.

I have the zoom G2, I use it sometimes I'd say its fairly good. Some of the drive channels are pretty bad while others are good (for what it is), while others like the mesa models sound alot better after EQing it properly. I only used the reverbs, chorus, delays and some other effects.

Like I said, some parts aren't great others sound pretty good for a lower end multi FX, but its good for beginners because you can find out what you like and what you don't like.

Yay if anything.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE LURKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Last edited by silly hats at Jan 1, 2009,
So is that an Aye or Nay UG?
I have a sig!

Quote by caskettheclown

Hawe G1 but i think its close enough to G2 at least thats what they say and its a great
efect for the price (50€ for G1)
It really depends what is actually producing the sound.

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

i bought mine about a year ago. and i wouldve have written a 10/10 review at the time. now ide give it like 6/10 or something. Drive is all the distortions and cleans. distortions suck hard. The other effects are ok. Ive started just buying seperate pedals that i really need, just basic stuff. (dist., wah, boost). I wouldnt get it again, its like when you find out sanat claus isnt real, the dissapointment this pedal brings after a while is heart wrenching!
"Could I have egg, sausage, chips and beans, and a tea." - Nick Mason
I would say go for it.

I have one, distortions are kinda **** but better than other multis in the same price range. Wah is kinda crap but delay, chorus, phaser etc. is all perfectly fine.
Got on the bus with me daysavaaaa
K then... I guess I'll buy this one. I mean, I don't really have too many options and I'll have to take what I can get. Thanks everyone!
I have a sig!

Quote by caskettheclown

Quote by Forgotmyid
Let me get this straight... The factory patches aren't that great. And the distortion isn't great. Distortion and Drive are separate effects right? If yes, how does drive sound? Btw, can't I like tweak with the knobs and get a nice distortion patch? I'm kinda ignorant about this stuff...

I use to have one a while ago... if I'm not mistaken drive is for the amp emulation, meaning that the sounds will be close to those amp they are recreating there, i liked some Fender and Mesa. Distorsions are for what the word says, the extreme distorsion being nice if you like ultra high gain, but it takes a bit of time (or luck) to dial it properly.

I like the G2.1U, is a millon lightyears ahead of what Zoom use to do in the past. And is incredible well builded also.

Hope it helps.
i have one and the factory patches arent great but with a bit of playing with it you can find some nice sounding tones
I sat next to a nun on the bus once, she said hi

Twitter: @Pikey_P - wise words right there.
there are alot of useless effects

it has capacity to be a good pedal, you just need to spend time to actually get a good sound out of it,

setting up the expression pedal can be a pain too
The distortions and drives are decent if you mess with the EQ a bit.

The phaser is ok....(nothing on a Phase 90 though).
Fuzz, ring mod, flanger and delay are nice.

Don't remember the others.

(Presets suck! Mess with the eq and setting for all and get much better sounds.)
I've got one. I don't use it anymore.
Just what everyone said: the amp models suck big time, very digital.
The Wah is not that great,and the expression pedal feels cheap. But I think you can have some fun with the effects (tremolo, flanger, chorus...), they aren't that bad. And yeah, the tuner is good too.
Fender MIA Stratocaster (with SD Twang Banger)
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
Johnson Acoustic
Palmer FAB5
I had one, I bought a Boss Metalzone and its distortion sounded better so I never used it again, except for a drum machine and tuner. That should tell you something about its built-in distortion
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com