So, why was 2008 a rubbish or a good year for you?

I thought 2008 was really bad, mainly because it was boring:

January-March: nothing happened, booring as hell, school was quite easy but the hours were long and very boring, the only good thing was the school trip to barcalona and hitting on spanish girls

April: I started my band and I JOINED UG!!!, this month was interesting, i worked on finding band members etc... I also discovered the Pit.

May-June: BORING, ntohing happened.

July - September: 'Twas good, I had summer break, I went on holiday and it was great.

September - December: Band practically broke up, nothing left it was all work for nothing, my laptop was stolen, leather jacket was also stolen.

All in all I think 2008 was Okay but nothing speacial I'm really happy that 2009 is here!!!

share your stories
Another year alive, that's at least something.

Yay.
Quote by RiotSquad
mom take me to the doctor i cant stop cumming in wrestling
Quote by Cameronrobson
bobby, I've got poutine in my urethra

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!
Another year closer to death.

Nay.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
You can't prove that people DON'T walk on water. turn water into wine etc.
Quote by GnR_ROK
Another year closer to death.

Nay.

That's another way to see it!
Quote by RiotSquad
mom take me to the doctor i cant stop cumming in wrestling
Quote by Cameronrobson
bobby, I've got poutine in my urethra

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!
Well, this year, I met some new friends, went on holiday with said new friends, made more new friends, made connections with people I thought not possible, my band was advertised on the local radio, which was huge for us, but we broke up soon after. Started a new band, got AC/DC's Black Ice, then got my AC/DC ticket, Chinese Democracy, had a great christmas, and New Years eve party, so all in all a decent year.

Edit, how'd I forget, I got a new geetar too.
"If you don't show it, I cannot grope it."

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.."
only good thing in 08 was metallica's new album well a few good albums my bad and the eagles beating the **** out of the cowboys and winning a wild card spot

the worst thing was obama getting elected so ..nay
Quote by Sonicxlover
I once told a Metallica fan I liked Megadeth, and he stabbed me 42 times.

harryberg1's phone number :401-787-3317
Nay.

My least favourite year so far, only good part was that I finished school but the last year was long, boring and very tiring, I really couldn't stand it any longer than I did. My band pretty much died this year, we have barely practised all year and I have decided just to end it. The economic crap has been depressing me and made me really worry about the future. Quite a few other reasons .Generally quite a bad year for me could be worse though. Here's hopin' for a better '09.
Chinese Democracy came out, and it was amazing. As well as some other minor stuff like partying and women and all that jazz.

Good year.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
i dont do awesomeness by years...day by day FTW!!

Quote by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course
yay and nay

yay-im in a band,gigged a few times,met some great people,got closer to some people,had some really good times and experiences

nay-mum had a breakdown and is still a bit shaky at times,no job,nearly lost a best friend over something ridiculously stupid,and general feeling like ****

so yeah,average 09 will be better
great games was released, I got a new guitar, I got into the school I wanted, noone I know died so I'd say it was a pretty good year.
Quote by aaciseric
Nay.

My least favourite year so far, only good part was that I finished school but the last year was long, boring and very tiring, I really couldn't stand it any longer than I did. My band pretty much died this year, we have barely practised all year and I have decided just to end it. The economic crap has been depressing me and made me really worry about the future. Quite a few other reasons .Generally quite a bad year for me could be worse though. Here's hopin' for a better '09.

I agree with you, in fact I agree with most people here but I cannot base wether a year is good or not on a new album. there were a few good things in 2008 but all in all it was quite dull, 2009 for the win!!!!!!!!!!!
Worst year of my life so far.

Richwood Les Paul RE-135
Ibanez RG350DX
Takamine Dreadnought
Hohner Telecaster Copy
Epiphone Thunderbird-IV Pro
Crafter Cruiser bass
I finished school, been with my girl all year, new guitar and computer.

Huzzah for '08!

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Not so bad, though I feel like **** today thanks to last night...

2008 was pretty successful. Got involved in a new band, we're gigging regularly, that's awesome.
Well, I've made it to the halfway point i the school year, but I feel as though I wasted alot of it. Really, I didn't do much socially so I'm gonna have to do that this year. I've also felt terribly lonely. I did get better at guitar though. So 2008 wasn't good personally or globally.
Very boring for me. My group of friends has started to split up- we are still friends, we just dont hang out anymore. I improved my guitar playing by a huge amount. I went to japan for free. Got really close to a girl that i liked but thought she didnt like me in that way, turns out she did.

Not much happened, the good things that happened were great but out wieghed by the bad.

I hope 2009 will be better
WARUM TUT ES WEH, WENN ICH PINKLE?!
Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."

Quote by Axelfox
Disregard that,i suck cocks.