Page 1 of 2
...do you guys feel that if you met a girl with the same musical tastes and perception that you would be perfect together?

I was thinking about this the other day and thought I should take it too the pit...

Really though, If I met met a girl who liked generally the same bands as me and actually owned similar music to me and enjoyed and understood it that I would love her...

Because a girl who likes Bob Marley and Deep Purple & RHCP & Steely Dan would have to have been exposed to those various genres and would have to have the same genetic whatever that makes her like it...

And It just makes sense that someone who really loves Bob Marley isn't going to be as asshole and that someone who loves Steely Dan is gonna be pretty laid back and all that...

Just seems that if I could find a girl that could listen to lets say...Do It Again by Steely Dan and actually be able to talk about why I like it with her that she would have to have shared some similar experiences with me or at least have the same perspective...

It seems pretty confusing, but if we actually got a good thread going we could discuss and answer each others questions...
Nope. Music taste, film taste, show taste, etc means nothing to me. Personality, then looks. Nothing else matters to me.

Richwood Les Paul RE-135
Ibanez RG350DX
Takamine Dreadnought
Hohner Telecaster Copy
Epiphone Thunderbird-IV Pro
Crafter Cruiser bass
Quote by Guitarfreak217
...do you guys feel that if you met a girl with the same musical tastes and perception that you would be perfect together?

Maybe not perfect but it's a good start.

I've yet to find such a girl =/
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Same genetics = incest?

I suppose it would be good to have something like that in common, especially if music is a big part of your life.
Quote by boreamor
Nope. Music taste, film taste, show taste, etc means nothing to me. Personality, then looks. Nothing else matters to me.

That's exactly it, all I'm saying is that a girl who likes the same music as you (depending on what it is, but genuinely enjoys and understands it) is going to have a similar personality...
it's just you
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
I don't think so. People don't relate to music for the same reasons, and a simple piece of music can have lots of completely different interpretations.

Sorry.
Quote by juancsego
i have a right to do anything with the least amount of activity possible and if u cant respect that u can go to japan and buy panties out of vending machines...communists

If you live in Australia, save your internet:

Click.
Music would be important if you had such an extreme passion but it wouldn't be so bad if a girl had different taste in music to you, you can just work around it, you know.

But erm.... no, musical taste similarity doesn't make for a perfect relationship. No such thing anyway, only 'ideal'.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
My girlfriend isn't into the same artists as me, but she's into the same kinds of music. Like, she comes to my band's shows not because she's my girlfriend, but because she likes our music and most of the bands we play with. She's also a guitarist... she watches hands a lot. But it's nice to be able to talk about music and technique and stuff with someone you really love.

We actually met in a music class... I have to say, it was looks first, then personality, but it never would have made it past flirting if the personality wasn't good.
-Rudy

Quote by blackthought
Sometimes it's best to prepare for the worst possible eventuality... sex with Bill Murray.
Quote by DukeDeRox
I'm as shallow as a dry lake bed.
If it were that easy...i'd have found someone by now. We'd all have found someone by now and started happy little bunnie families :/
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
I had a girlfriend once with exactly the same musical taste as me, she even played guitar.

It lasted less than two weeks. -_-
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
...yes, I enjoy being around people who have similar interests to me.

With that being said, if I met a girl who was exactly like me, I would hate her. I would be bored by her and feel competitive with her. I'd rather be with someone who shared a similar outlook as mine, similar interests, but deviated from me in a lot of interests. Just to keep it interesting, y'know.
DOWN&OUT
i could never be together with a girl who always want me to turn out the music in my car i like or forces me to listen to her gwen stefani stuff or whatever.
"That, what really matters, is what you like not what you are like. Books, records, films... These things matter. Call me shallow, It's the ****in' truth."
SPORTING CLUBE DE PORTUGAL

"And the earth died screaming as I lay dreaming"
My girlfriend and I share some musical tastes, but its definitely not the reason we've been together for over a year. I think its more to do with how well you get on with that person, a combination of interests, opinions and the person in general, so music does help.
There's a chance but there are a lot more factors to it than that, you're over simplifying the whole issue but miracously (sp?) you got Kensai to answer on topic /\
If I find a girl that likes Deep Purple, I will love em if they are nice.
R.I.P Jon Lord, Rory Gallagher and Jimi!
Quote by Guitarfreak217

I was thinking about this the other day and thought I should take it too the pit...

Really though, If I met met a girl who liked generally the same bands as me and actually owned similar music to me and enjoyed and understood it that I would love her...

Because a girl who likes Bob Marley and Deep Purple & RHCP & Steely Dan would have to have been exposed to those various genres and would have to have the same genetic whatever that makes her like it...

And It just makes sense that someone who really loves Bob Marley isn't going to be as asshole and that someone who loves Steely Dan is gonna be pretty laid back and all that...

Just seems that if I could find a girl that could listen to lets say...Do It Again by Steely Dan and actually be able to talk about why I like it with her that she would have to have shared some similar experiences with me or at least have the same perspective...

It seems pretty confusing, but if we actually got a good thread going we could discuss and answer each others questions...

Anyone who plays guitar hero has to listen to that song. Choose a less well known one.
Quote by Dio10101
Anyone who plays guitar hero has to listen to that song. Choose a less well known one.

What the hell thats on guitar hero??

Just saying like if you could be sitting there and be like dude check out the percussion in the beginning and then be like whoa nice keyboard adding to the mix, then the smooth lead, then how it all like joins together and agh forget it....

Just like, I wish I could connect with a female on that close of a personal level regarding music... Just seems like someone I could talk like that with would be a pretty cool mature deep thinker who I can relate with...
you first have to match your personality, music has little to do with how the relationship is going to be like.
if you are a rocker and she is a rapper, your not gonna say to her you suck for that (just for example ). Or would you?
Quote by haz_uk
i've yet to meet a girl who can listen to death metal without laughing.

You.... don't get out much do you?

Sorry but seriously I could probably think of a few.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
music i think is a big part in a relationship

and me as a girl i always do look for guys who have a similar music taste to me
BEAT IT, BUT NOT IN FRONT OF CHILDREN YOU DIRTY C***!-Mel Gimpsuit
Quote by szekelymihai
you first have to match your personality, music has little to do with how the relationship is going to be like.
if you are a rocker and she is a rapper, your not gonna say to her you suck for that (just for example ). Or would you?

No, no, no... I wouldn't.

The girl I'm gonna end up falling in love with will probably not even like the same music or be like me at all, but It would be nice...
I think id get along with her, but she couldnt be a best friend or a girlfriend. For me I find close friends/girl friends have to have differences with me in alot of areas to work. If someone just likes all the same stuff as me it isnt very interesting. I mean obviously there has to be common ground, but I dont think id ever be close with someone with the same music taste as me, Variety is the spice of life
If I found anyone who liked all the same music as me I'd be amazed, I'm still waiting...
YellowGreenBlueRed

Quote by webbtje
You live in a ruler, the only child of trouser water (?); it's very fantastic, and salami!
Quote by i am iron man
My girlfriend and I share some musical tastes, but its definitely not the reason we've been together for over a year. I think its more to do with how well you get on with that person, a combination of interests, opinions and the person in general, so music does help.

This. Also if you can tolerate whatever it is she listens to then it really wouldn't matter what she likes. It's not like you're being asked to give up your music.
People usualy listen to a gender of musick becaus of their personality .
But it's not necesary and i think it was a study on that somewhere.
Quote by UNIe
Well, music is an expression of feelings, so if she likes the same music, it means that you have similar view about life. That's one of the most important things in a relationship.

THIS THIS THIS!!!

I just couldn't think of a way as simple and comprehensible as this...
Quote by UNIe
Well, music is an expression of feelings, so if she likes the same music, it means that you have similar view about life. That's one of the most important things in a relationship.

Yup, i agree.
SPORTING CLUBE DE PORTUGAL

"And the earth died screaming as I lay dreaming"
Quote by UNIe

I have to disagree quite alot there. Music doesn't dictate your worldview, value system, e.t.c.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Doesn't really seem possible to me...I listen to such a huge variaty of music that it's practically impossible to find someone that likes almost all of it.
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Page 1 of 2