So I have an ESP LTD Viper 400 and my guitar seems to be getting out of tune a little too easily/often. Does anybody have any recommendations for locking tuners?
i got new strings...and i dont know about the screws to the tuners. how do i check?
k ill try...unfortunately, my ****ing high school is giving me ****ing detention...so i cant do it now
Quote by littlesparrow51
haha, good ol' high school.

ya...good ol' high school. ill look back at the 5 ****ING HOURS I SPENT IN SCHOOL ON NEW YEARS!!! with fondness in like...20 years...ah nostalgia
Quote by mamosa
ya...good ol' high school. ill look back at the 5 ****ING HOURS I SPENT IN SCHOOL ON NEW YEARS!!! with fondness in like...20 years...ah nostalgia

ha ha I always went back to school AFTER new years although I do have to go work today but I like my job so that doesnt bother me
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Sperzels are the best I've found. Only thing to be warned about is you'll struggle to fit anything larger than a .054 through. If you use any larger and you'll need to drill the hole out, not that that is a massive issue.
well i rly use .52 gauge so...tht should be fine. but i went to musiciansfriend cos of course ive heard of sperzel (tons of ESPs have em) and i saw a lot of bad reviews...so i was hoping there was another brand. i have gotoh, but they seems not so good (even though i know theyre awesome)
Quote by Mazzakazza
Try to tighten them. If they're not tight, do 'em all the way up.

no go...they were tightened all the way
Ignore the customer reviews on musiciansfriend, they're utterly useless.
Sperzels are great. Gotoh do make their own locking tuners too, and you wouldn't have to do any drilling to fit them, so perhaps they're a better bet.
Grover makes locking tuners too.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
ya i know. anyway, what is the best kind? for under 100 bucks.
and im kind of handy, but not amazing, so should i try and self-install them, or get a pro to do it. cos if i **** up, ima be super pissed
Under $100, any brand you like. None are over $100.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.