Page 1 of 4
You found out a band you dig are actually a Christian band and you're not a Christian?

I was.
no

that shouldnt effect that fact that you like their music
BEAT IT, BUT NOT IN FRONT OF CHILDREN YOU DIRTY C***!-Mel Gimpsuit
Quote by Steve The Plank
No, I just think Christian music generally sucks.

very true
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Of course not, Christians are people too.
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
i listen to some bands that are christian#
well i found out there were Christian afterwards

but im not bothered
BEAT IT, BUT NOT IN FRONT OF CHILDREN YOU DIRTY C***!-Mel Gimpsuit

amidoinitrite?
Quote by Sonicxlover
I once told a Metallica fan I liked Megadeth, and he stabbed me 42 times.

harryberg1's phone number :401-787-3317
If I like the music I honestly don't give two monkeys about what their personal life is

I mean before Chuck Berry was famous he was arrested for being part of an armed robbery...
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Quote by Lutman
You found out a band you dig are actually a Christian band and you're not a Christian?

I was.

ZOMG TS is atheist or something of that sort. Rebellious
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
See I have anti-religious views and I don't really enjoy listening to someone preaching a religion I don't support onto me. I might love the music behind it but it just feels kinda wrong to me.
I would mind, if its a source of inspiration for them.

and WHY THE **** IS CAMP ROCK TRANSLATED ON DUTCH TV

How do I cope with the pain?
This is my sig, isn't it

AWESOME?

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']I never understood Christianity.

A religion that is essentially based on stories about an invisible man that made the universe and a magic zombie that could walk on water and got nailed to a cross.
Not at all.

As I Lay Dying, The Devil Wears Prada ... both sick christian metal bands.
Quote by DirtyMakik
Listen to this man, he's got Alex in his avatar, he knows his sh!t.

Quote by dubstar92
awesome avatar dude

Wow a signature
If the members are Christian, that really doesn't matter. I'm Christian too.

However, if their musical style is Christian, then there's a problem.
Kerry King in Slayer is Christian and i like his music very much, and 'm not a Christian, why should religion stop me?
The reason i chosed Kerry King is cause he is Christian and sing about Satan and Anti-Christ stuff, i'm pretty he doesn't care about his fans religion, and for the record i'm an Atheist
Quote by Lutman
See I have anti-religious views and I don't really enjoy listening to someone preaching a religion I don't support onto me. I might love the music behind it but it just feels kinda wrong to me.

You'sa big baby! Somebody call teh waaaahmbulance. Honestly dude, what does it matter what they're preaching. If it sounds good to you enjoy it. It's like reading The Bible for fictional value.
Quote by Lutman

I was.

What band are you talking about?
i wouldnt be. tom araya is catholic and i dont care. just because their christian(or any other religion) shouldnt matter unless they're preaching out of their ass about god then yea it might be a little disappointing
Was it Sonseed?

Jesus Is My Friend = Christian's answer to Stairway To Heaven
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
Quote by Lutman

I was.

I do quite the opposite, I'm Christian and i hate Christian bands.
Gear:
Electric
2008 Epiphone G400 Heritage CherryFUBAR
2008 Ibanez GRG 170 DX
2009 Cort KX1Q
2011 LTD H 351 NT
Randall RG 50 TC
Ernie Ball 11-54
Acoustic
Dean Markley
Dunlop 10's
not really
i guess im an agnostic/atheist or whatever, but if i like the music it doesn't really matter what the bands religious beliefs are, just as long as they're not shoving their views down my throat
yea what religion a band is doesnt really bother me so long as i like their musics
Lady Gaga if you're out there, i don't care if you have a penis or not, i will marry you
As much as people in this thread are getting angry, it can be a problem is the band is religiously focused. If the members are religious or whatever, s'all good; but the problem can be if you find out the lyrics or whatever are religiously targeted as it means you just cannot connect to them at all if you're not that way inclined.
Also tbh (although it sounds like a generalisation, it is one based on a lot of experience) I don't like Christian music. A lot have a similar tone to them I just don't like.
But if TS liked them before finding out, then meh! PREJUDICE!
Quote by DeaThrash
Kerry King in Slayer is Christian and i like his music very much, and 'm not a Christian, why should religion stop me?
The reason i chosed Kerry King is cause he is Christian and sing about Satan and Anti-Christ stuff, i'm pretty he doesn't care about his fans religion, and for the record i'm an Atheist

I don't mind if members are Christian I just have an issue with preachy, religious lyrics.

Quote by metaldud536
You'sa big baby! Somebody call teh waaaahmbulance. Honestly dude, what does it matter what they're preaching. If it sounds good to you enjoy it. It's like reading The Bible for fictional value.

Hmm I see your point. I guess if the lyrics aren't trying to persuade Christian believes then it's alright.
Quote by sebastian_96
Was it Sonseed?

Jesus Is My Friend = Christian's answer to Stairway To Heaven

Yes!

How could I forget about these guys!
FEED ME MATHCORE

Quote by sashki

I also speak German, except no-one gives a shit.

GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE, AWAKE WHEN THE SUN HITS THE SKY
Quote by Dudeman5000
Yes!

How could I forget about these guys!

ZAP!
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
No, you should listen to it because of the music. It's not like anyone's gonna complain about it, and it shouldn't be as if you have to listen to music that is your religion. If that makes sense.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
I already listened to Underoath, mewithoutyou (which was obvious if I has just listened more careful from the start) and The Devil Wears Prada before i found out they were christian.

it was like: ooohw, ye those lyrics actually made sense.

it's all cool. still love the music
Quote by DeaThrash

"King is an atheist, and he views organized religion as a crutch for people who are "too weak to make it through life on their own". King is Slayer's primary lyricist, and his songs focus on Satanic subjects, although he has openly stated that he neither believes in God nor Satan. He stated in the 2005 documentary Metal: A Headbanger's Journey that he feels religion is "the biggest brainwashing that is totally acceptable in America, and most other parts of the world, too" and states it's a "load of ****." [6]"

u were saying?
Quote by therealtater
that is the first time I have ever actually loled because of the pit you win either a cookie or an internet your choice

Quote by Zero-Hartman
I regularly walk into the living room naked when my parents are watching Greys Anatomy.
In all seriousness,
Quote by captaincrunk
yeah they totally bring the brootalz (suck)

Not sure I quite understood that, but if that was an attack on the band, then I disagree
Quote by DirtyMakik
Listen to this man, he's got Alex in his avatar, he knows his sh!t.

Quote by dubstar92
awesome avatar dude

Wow a signature
Demon hunter
Living sacrifice
Pillar
Falling up
As I lay dying
Underoath
the devil wears prada
Red
Skillet
Anberlin
and The Ivory line
are all christians in a band or a christian band.If you like the music I dont see a problem, however this is much like the fact that many christian parents dont their kids listen to secular music because of the message in many secular songs (sex, drugs, and violence).If you not a christian then fine, but as long as the lyrics dont say "go worship jesus" or something along those lines I dont see how you can have a problem with it.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Page 1 of 4