Hello there UG, Happy New Year!

I've wanted to buy a new amp for a long time, but I didn't have the money (I was thinking in the 1000 € price range). So I thought that in the summer I will take a job, and then I'll have the money to buy a nice tube amp.

But then I've found this site: http://www.koxamps.hu/

It's a hungarian "amp builder's" site (I live in Hungary), and I was looking at the KOX M combo. As I've read, it's a Marshall Silver Jubilee 50 W clone (or copy), but not 100%, I think the ampbuilder did some changes in the circuit. It's got a Celestion Seventy 80 speaker, but I can order it with any other speaker. The amp is fully hand-built, here are some pictures of the circuit: http://koxamps.blog.hu/

There are 2 videos of the amp on the site, and here are some more, with a Fender Strat in a pub concert:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCeP_E-sGhg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Qy7HynrJzo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi2YQe7UKmY

I think it sounds great, and the nicest thing is that it costs about 400 € (just for comparison, a brand new Fender Blues Junior costs here about 600 &euro.

What do you think about it, and about the Marshall Silver Jubilee? How is the clean channel, how much gain does it have? And most important, how does it compare to the JCM 800 (unfortunately a used combo costs here about 800 &euro.

Sorry for the wall of text, but I think it would be a great upgrade, and I may not be able to try it out, so I have to order it blindly, and that's why I would really appreciate your thoughts about the amp. Thanks.
Fender MIA Stratocaster (with SD Twang Banger)
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
Johnson Acoustic
Palmer FAB5
i couldnt read the hungarian but i'd say do it lol

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Seeing as you pretty much have no other decent options I'd go for it. The Silver Jubilee will pretty much give you the "Slash" sound. I believe John Frusciante of RHCP uses them as well.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
i think the Silver Jubilee is a single channel head, no clean channel but you can still roll back the volume for cleans. And as far as gain is concerned, the Slash signature Marshall is a reissue of the Silver Jubilee, so there's enough gain for Hard Rock.
Quote by thellamaking
i think the Silver Jubilee is a single channel head, no clean channel but you can still roll back the volume for cleans. And as far as gain is concerned, the Slash signature Marshall is a reissue of the Silver Jubilee, so there's enough gain for Hard Rock.

i think its 2 channels

09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Quote by Raijouta
Seeing as you pretty much have no other decent options I'd go for it. The Silver Jubilee will pretty much give you the "Slash" sound. I believe John Frusciante of RHCP uses them as well.

Well my other option would be trying to save some money (around 1000 &euro to buy something nice . But now i only have about 400 €, so that would take a while.

Quote by timzee117
i think its 2 channels

Yes, it's a 2 channel amp, and as far as I know, on the OD channel it has a some kind of boost too.

To be honest, I really like the sound of a JCM800, and I've read these Jubilees are some kind of modified JCM800s, so that's why I think it would be great for that price. I really like Joe Bonamassa's tone too, and he also uses Jubilees (and a Two-Rock, a Plexi clone and a Van Weelden ), so if I could get that tone somehow, that'd be great.

And what do you guys think about the videos?
Fender MIA Stratocaster (with SD Twang Banger)
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
Johnson Acoustic
Palmer FAB5
Quote by hansolo1106
Well my other option would be trying to save some money (around 1000 &euro to buy something nice . But now i only have about 400 €, so that would take a while.

Yes, it's a 2 channel amp, and as far as I know, on the OD channel it has a some kind of boost too.

To be honest, I really like the sound of a JCM800, and I've read these Jubilees are some kind of modified JCM800s, so that's why I think it would be great for that price. I really like Joe Bonamassa's tone too, and he also uses Jubilees (and a Two-Rock, a Plexi clone and a Van Weelden ), so if I could get that tone somehow, that'd be great.

And what do you guys think about the videos?

the jubilees are 2 channel jcm 800s that were made in 1987 because it was marshalls 25th anniversary as a company (something like that) it essentially is a jcm 800 with better features

09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe