I was looking at the Schecter C7 Loomis FR as my next guitar (I'm getting real interested in 7 stringers, if anyone can reccomend any high quality ones for under 1300, I'd appreciate it.) and Musiciansfriend sells it for $999
http://www.lamusic.ca/default.asp?szNav=Product&PID=17921

While a store near me, is selling it for $1832.00 with tax I understand price difference between USD and CAD, but $999.00 USD is $1,223.00 Canadian. And with tax, it's 1381.99, so they're overpicing the guitar for nearly $500. What gives? I know shipping doesn't cost nearly that much, and their C7 Hellraiser + C7 Blackjack are both under $1000 (899 and 999 respectively).

This isn't my local store, because my local store doesn't have an online store where you can at least view prices, and my local store doesn't have any Schecters in stock.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
basic economics man. A big chain like mf or ams can afford to put there prices low because they get there instruments for cheaper. The local stores have to jack up the price to make a profit
Gear:

Jackson Mark Morton Dominion
Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
Welcome to L.A. Music
Canada's Largest Online Music Store

I don't see why Canada's Largest Online Music Store would have to jack up their prices to make profit.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Quote by BigRob91
basic economics man. A big chain like mf or ams can afford to put there prices low because they get there instruments for cheaper. The local stores have to jack up the price to make a profit

^ this. You could always talk to the people there about it and try to get the price down some, no guarantees about that though. Plus, that would require it being in stock. You could just order it if you know you want it, I ordered my Schecter online and it's great, I was kind of scared of getting a bad one.

EDIT: Oh, wait. That's kind of weird, then. Prices don't convert like they should in all cases, hence places like Australia getting constantly screwed over on guitar prices. Order it from MF and just pay shipping, I do think they ship to canada for most products.
Last edited by -Blue- at Jan 1, 2009,
maybe look at some esp's. i think the stef carpenter customs are very nice but i don't know the price
Quote by -Blue-
^ this. You could always talk to the people there about it and try to get the price down some, no guarantees about that though. Plus, that would require it being in stock. You could just order it if you know you want it, I ordered my Schecter online and it's great, I was kind of scared of getting a bad one.

EDIT: Oh, wait. That's kind of weird, then. Prices don't convert like they should in all cases, hence places like Australia getting constantly screwed over on guitar prices. Order it from MF and just pay shipping, I do think they ship to canada for most products.

Does MF have a return policy? And do their guitars come set up well?
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.