We have been trying to fit our music in a genre, but it just doesn't work. I know no genre that would describe what we do. It can't be heavy metal, I guess, because that would mean a lot guitar solos; it doesn't feel hard rock either (that's the genre we have been calling ourselves to date). Perhaps nu metal? I know little about the divisions, though.
So, could you help us out please by listening some of our songs and telling the genre?
http://www.myspace.com/noisebleedest -- you can find two songs there (the other is in the live video).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdUBkBX6_14 -- another song that would be good to listen, I think.

Thanks!
Last edited by Amarant at Jan 1, 2009,
That sounds like Alice in Chains Meets Danzig. Cool
Modern Hard rock would be what earthlings call you. Us interstellar music masters did away with conventional genres
Don't care about genres. Musicians always think they have to be labeled a certain genre by the music they write, and have gotten to points where they call their music Jazzcore or whatever. I never label my music farther than Metal or Rock.

Edit - Heard the music, very good.
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
Heavy Metal doesn't necessarily have to have a ton of guitar solos.

Anyways, I'd probably classify you as Nu-Metal.

Vocalist reminds me of Serj Tankian.
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
Sounds almost grungey.

If I had to put you into a specific genre I'd say Alternative Rock... but then it's not really that either. I like your sound though!
Quote by shadesofanger
Don't care about genres. Musicians always think they have to be labeled a certain genre by the music they write, and have gotten to points where they call their music Jazzcore or whatever. I never label my music farther than Metal or Rock.

Edit - Heard the music, very good.

Well, we want to advertise ourselves to people that really would like to listen to us.
Quote by Black Star
Heavy Metal doesn't necessarily have to have a ton of guitar solos.

Anyways, I'd probably classify you as Nu-Metal.

Vocalist reminds me of Serj Tankian.

Doesn't nu metal mean rap with distorted guitars?

Thanks for the positive opinion about our music, btw!
Last edited by Amarant at Jan 2, 2009,
Korn, for example, is Nu-Metal. They don't rap, as far as I know.

Other bands include Slipknot, Godsmack, Breaking Benjamin, System of a Down, and Stone Sour.

There are some bands that rap, such as Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit. However, I'd hardly consider those good nu-metal bands.
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....