I'm not sure which one to get, I got about 100 bucks for Christmas and the SD-1 is a lot cheaper and I'm not really sure what the difference between the two is besides 30 some bucks. Has anyone used either of these?
Guitars
Fender American Strat
Gibson SG

Amps & Effects

Fender Superchamp XD
Digitech RP-3
Boss SD-1
I'm looking for a warm, light distortion I've never heard the Bad Monkey or Screamin Blues, it sounds like the last one is the most versatile but what makes them better than the SD-1?
Guitars
Fender American Strat
Gibson SG

Amps & Effects

Fender Superchamp XD
Digitech RP-3
Boss SD-1
What do you want to use it for? I have an SD-1 I use to boost amps and it works very well for that. I also have a Ibanez TS-9 I like better for that. And finally, I have a BBE Green Screamer I like best for that. If you want to use it for bluesy OD that's a different story and there are many more pedals to consider.
I'm not looking for a bluesy tone, I just want a light warm distortion. Most of the other pedals have way to much crunch or the notes blend together when your picking, I just want something that throws in a little distortion but the sound is still pretty clear if that makes sense
Guitars
Fender American Strat
Gibson SG

Amps & Effects

Fender Superchamp XD
Digitech RP-3
Boss SD-1
You could try a Snarling Dogs Tweed-they are out of production now and You can get good bargains on them.
What about dont get a boss. With that budget, go for the bad monkey then keep the change. Or if you can make your own pedal, try making a ts808 clone.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Well, i have a Boss OD-3, and i'm pretty happy about it.
It has a nice and powerful, yet smooth tone.
You can set the Drive to the max and crank the Level, and it will still sound good.
I do it with the clean channel of my Laney LV300 halfstack, and get zero residual noise.
For me, it's the best OD pedal around. I didn't really liked the Bad Monkey or the TS...
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
i love my sd-1, not too harsh clipping with a powerful boost. try it out, it makes my guitar sing