First and foremost: Happy New Year to everyone in UG!.

Ok, so i'm decided to buy a new guitar to upgrade from my current supercheap superstrat "Biscayne Flyer" (i bet you never have heard that brand, that how cheap it is), but i'm from Venezuela and buying on the local guitar store is only for richs, because everything here is overpriced and a ordinary Squier Bullet could cost 1000 BsF which is like almost 400$ .

Luckly, i have a credit card so i can buy online, but here in my country, because of the recent "world's crisis", i can only spend 400$ a year which really, really suck (Damn Chavez! ). Anyway, with this tight budget i have my eyes on these guitars:

Agile AL200 with Floyd Rose:
http://www.rondomusic.com/product1841.html

Agile PS970:
http://www.rondomusic.com/ps970bk.html

Schecter Sunset Deluxe:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Guitar-Research-Sunset-Deluxe-Electric-Guitar?sku=520106

Kramer Striker FR424:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Kramer-Striker-Custom-FR424CM-Electric-Guitar?sku=515347

I mostly play shred stuff and i'm aware that guitars below 300$ doesn't have a decent floyd rose, but i'm not planning on using it to divebomb or satch's squeals, just for light vibratos and pull-ups., so i think these floyd units should last me a couple of years before i need to block it or replace it.

So, which guitar do you guys think should the best invesment for just 300$? (i'm saving the 100$ for others stuff i need to buy online). I appreciate any help you can lend me to make my decision .
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
I've heard the Schecter LFR is pretty reliable. I like the way they play too.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
For quality for that money...Agile
For shredding itself, I'd say the Kramer because of the fret access and the multiple tones you can get from the 5-position switch.

I'd vote more for the Kramer and give it a pickup change most likely
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
I've heard awesome things about all the guitars in the Agile line. And i myself just bought a AL-3100 CSB Wide
the floyd on that kramer isn't great, judging by mine, anyway. it stays in tune not too badly, but it's not very responsive- not great for the light vibratos you want, and the route is pretty shallow so you don't get much up-pull either.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Devdude25
I would say go with a schecter whatever you do...super quality at a great price, though i would recommend either this
Schecter Damien FR
or this if the damien is a bit too much
Dean Vendetta FR
Hope this gets you well.

Thanks for the suggestion so far.

The Damien FR is above the 300$ limit, which even if i have that money, i couldn't buy it because the credit card's restrictions.

The Dean Vendetta seems pretty nice, but i haven't read any reviews about it, besides of those on MF, but i don't quite trust them.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey

MY VIDEOS
Kramer Kramer Kramer. It wins for being sexy.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
I just noticed the Schecter doesn't have a locking nut. The Floyd Rose work without it? I mean, can it hold in tune by itself?.

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey

MY VIDEOS
Quote by El Cumanés
I just noticed the Schecter doesn't have a locking nut. The Floyd Rose work without it? I mean, can it hold in tune by itself?.

The floyd will work but dont expect to do any any divebomb from this one without knocking it out of tune.
Its weird. Why would they try to cheap out the locking nut just like that?
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by hminh87
The floyd will work but dont expect to do any any divebomb from this one without knocking it out of tune.
Its weird. Why would they try to cheap out the locking nut just like that?

I don't know... but it's weird, man.
TS: Look for a used C-1 FR.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Anyone heard anything about the striker or played one im curious about it as well?
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
^ yeah, i've got one (HSS with rosewood 'board). i don't comment on stuff unless i've tried it, or if i do i make clear that I haven't tried it.

it's not great, if i had to do it again i wouldn't have bought one, i've never got along with mine. some of that is doubtless personal preference regarding the neck dimensions etc., but there you have it.

seriously, you don't need two guitars with iffy floyd roses, save up for a guitar with a good floyd this time if you want another floydy guitar.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ yeah, i've got one (HSS with rosewood 'board). i don't comment on stuff unless i've tried it, or if i do i make clear that I haven't tried it.

it's not great, if i had to do it again i wouldn't have bought one, i've never got along with mine. some of that is doubtless personal preference regarding the neck dimensions etc., but there you have it.

seriously, you don't need two guitars with iffy floyd roses, save up for a guitar with a good floyd this time if you want another floydy guitar.

I don't have a floyd rose guitar, just a cheap Biscayne that has a vintage trem. And as i stated before, even if i save enough to buy a decent ibanez, i couldn't buy it online because of my credit card limit of 400$ per year (again, damn Chavez!).
I could try to buy it here in Venezuela, but i feel like a wasting the money. I mean, the ibanez RG350DX cost 2200 BsF or 1000$ and of what i had read here, it has a crappy trem. A great guitar like the original JEM can cost up to 15000 BsF or 7000$.

About the Kramer Striker, what else you don't like besides the stiff Floyd unit on it? I had read that the neck is very comfortable, although the pickups is very poor.

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey

MY VIDEOS
wow, that's a lot of money.

yeah, the pickups aren't great, the trem route is pretty shallow too which means there's a pretty high action, it could probably use a neck shim or something.

the rosewood and frets don't feel that high quality either. it won't cut the fingers off you, but it doesn't have that nice smooth feel that good guitars have, basically.

neck is a little thin for my liking, but that's personal preference...

EDIT: do you have any guitar makers in venezuela? that might be the way to go if you can find a well-respected one and international brands are so expensive...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I don't know any guitar maker in Venezuela, at least not for electric guitars.

So, i guess the choices will be narrowed it down to the Agiles and the Schecter.

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey

MY VIDEOS
dang
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
schecter sunset deluxe all the way! the ones i played in the store DID have a locking nut and they stayed in tune after quite a bit of use and abuse. the pups are great and the neck is vey comfortable and smooth. the trem is good but still not a subtle as an OFR but its one of the best LFRs ive ever used (and ive used ALOT of LFRs!). the schecter is the way to go. for $250 you cant beat it!
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
I just google the Schecter and found some pics of that guitar where it does have the locking nut. Maybe is a mistake on the Schecter's site.

Any more suggestion?
I was looking also the LTD models below 300$ with similar features, has somebody played those?

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey

MY VIDEOS
I've got a Schecter Sunset Deluxe on the way right now, got it new on eBay for 240 I'll let you know how it is when I get it.
Quote by TheK3vin
I've got a Schecter Sunset Deluxe on the way right now, got it new on eBay for 240 I'll let you know how it is when I get it.

Good for you man! I didn't order that guitar from Musiciansfriend because i read a review complaining about the lack of the locking nut.

Although it seems contradictory, i ordered the Kramer one because it has better high fret access, the body is alder and the coil tap feature brings more tonal variations.

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey

MY VIDEOS