Okay, I have recently just noticed I have a spare grand and I was thinking that I could replace my gear (Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt and Epiphone Les Paul Standard) and get some really nice stuff.

The amp needs to be loud (preferably a half-stack/full-stack) as I will be playing gigs and the guitar just has to be awesome.

Okay, I'm no metalhead ... in fact, I despise most metal! My main influences are; HIM, Kill Hannah, The Red Hot Chili Peppers, Jimi Hendrix, Sex Pistols, Ramones and Green Day.

The cleans on the amp must be very nice, similar to John Frusciante's preferabley and must be able to handle my distortion pedal and my wah pedal, but a nice built in distortion would be super awesome!

Now for the guitar, I want something that feels nice both standing up and sitting down (and if it matters, I wear my guitar around my knees, just a personal preferance).

Any help and suggestions are greatly appreciated (and yes, I did make this account for this thread)
my advice is to go to guitar center or local music shops and just play and play and play till u find a combination u like
Member #5 of the Red Sox fan club. PM Gibson06 to join.

Quote by thebrewfan
Once I saw someone try to seriously give someone "the vulcan death grip". That was the dumbest thing I'd ever seen until I saw this thread.
Quote by feenux258
my advice is to go to guitar center or local music shops and just play and play and play till u find a combination u like

there is no local guitar shop for three hours
it being a half stack/full stack has nothing to do with how loud its going to be
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
cant think of a good amp off the top of my head
i would save money by upgrading the pickups in the les paul and spending the rest on an amp, beings a good guitar and amp would together be more than a grand
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
What's your budget? You're not going to get a good half stack for less than $500, for instance. As well, what don't you like about your current guitar?

EDIT: Hmm, just saw the budget. I'd look at the following:

Vox AC30
Hughes and Kettner Statesman
ENGL Thunder 50
Peavey Classic 30
Orange Rocker 30
Laney VC30

Most of those don't include the price of a new guitar.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Last edited by Raijouta at Jan 1, 2009,
Quote by justinb904
cant think of a good amp off the top of my head
i would save money by upgrading the pickups in the les paul and spending the rest on an amp, beings a good guitar and amp would together be more than a grand

english pounds, thats like 1500-2000 dollars
With just a grand i concentrate on pickups and an amp. Your guitar isn't hurting as bad as your amp is.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
well hello the first 09er i saww welcome to UG

ON topic your guitar is very good i have one and it can handle the bands you play
but if you want another guitar a MIM strat perhaps??
for the amp
may i suggest a 15w blackheart handsome devil ($350) Its good for what you play
or maybe a Marshall JCM 800
or a VOx AC15 or AC30 or AC50
or a fender blues junior or hot rod deville
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by SkinnyVampire
there is no local guitar shop for three hours

Then your f**ked.

Always try musical equipment before you buy. ALWAYS. What some might think is good might not be to you, it's all opinion.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

Quote by SkinnyVampire
english pounds, thats like 1500-2000 dollars

ah that's different
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
well hello the first 09er i saww welcome to UG

ON topic your guitar is very good i have one and it can handle the bands you play
but if you want another guitar a MIM strat perhaps??
for the amp
may i suggest a 15w blackheart handsome devil ($350) Its good for what you play
or maybe a Used Marshall JCM 800
or a VOx AC15 or used AC30
or a fender blues junior or hot rod deville

i am thinking of MiM strat tbh ... and the blackheart, is that a 15watt, is that loud enough? i like the sound of the jcm 800, what is the usual price of one of those bad boys?
Quote by druggietoad2k5
Then your f**ked.

Always try musical equipment before you buy. ALWAYS. What some might think is good might not be to you, it's all opinion.

what makes it even worse, that shop is complete ****e aswell
Quote by SkinnyVampire
i am thinking of MiM strat tbh ... and the blackheart, is that a 15watt, is that loud enough? i like the sound of the jcm 800, what is the usual price of one of those bad boys?

the jcm is about your price if you dont buy a guitar
if you could find one an original Marshall plexi would be nice
or an Orange Rockerverb 50 thats also in your price range
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Last edited by WTF!!is a TAB at Jan 1, 2009,
Quote by WtrPlyr
If you're spending a grand I'd say it's worth it..
A grand is a lot of money you know

im going to go i think now anyway, but the only thing is ... the only amps they sold the last time i went in there were line 6 spider III (my amp) from 15 - 150 watt.

but ill look in there anyway, go shopping in the other shops XD
Orange rocker/ cornford roadhouse, bareknuckle pickups, set up, new tuners and bridge for the epi.
Maybe a delay pedal or something with what you have left?
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.