Page 1 of 2
Does anyone know why there are so many Christian metalcore bands and not as many Christian bands of other genres? Or at least not so many critically acclaimed? or is it merely coincidental.

For those of you that are not familiar with this, I will name some Christian metalcore bands

As I Lay Dying
Haste The Day
Underoath

There are many, many more that I have heard about. Correct me if I am wrong but I also think that the Metalcore band "Vanna" are christian.

There have also been instances of this going way too far, such as Haste the day kicking out a member recently because he became an Atheist...
Christian's playing music! NO WAI
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Wow, Haste the Day are douchbags...
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Impending Doom
Living Sacrifice
They arent metalcore
(\/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny.
(")_(") ExtremeMetalFTW donated these ears
Notice something wrong? Yea, me too
| |
[ ]
Lamb of God.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
their are lots good of christian bands that aren't metalcore like Living Sacrifice(death metal), Tourniquet(thrash), With Blood Comes Cleansing(deathcore), Frost Like Ashes(black metal) and a lot more
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by justinb904
their are lots good of christian bands that aren't metalcore like Living Sacrifice(death metal), Tourniquet(thrash), With Blood Comes Cleansing(deathcore), Frost Like Ashes(black metal) and a lot more

This, even black metal has it's share of christian bands. I think those bands are so well known as christian because their genre is currently fairly popular.
What a joke.
"Ultimate"-Guitar is the worst website on the internet. Polluted with unintelligent mongoloids.
Vital Remains and Deicide.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
Quote by Blackening
as i lay dying and august burns red.

AWESOME BANDS! AMAZING!

This is very true.
probably because Metalcore is really popular with upper/middle class suburban kids, and upper/middle class suburban kids are also the most likely to start Christian rock bands, because they have terrible taste in music.
Quote by free_thinker999
i think christian metalcore/metal/goth bands are just a huge IRONY!!!

Why? theres nothing in the goth scene (apart from a few notable bands) that is inherently anti-christian.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by creeping.death!
Wow, that's just extremely retarded.

They didn't "Kick him out" it was a mutual decision. As a matter of fact, they're still friends with Jason...though it is unfortunate that he left.
Quote by Ed Hunter
The only time I'd want to touch a 500 degrees frying pan is to set my hand on fire and punch someone in the face.

Quote by Captain Insano
Soulja boy! They stole his gold.
Robbed his Jacket now he's cold!

YOU! Steal from Soulja boy.

*sings over crank that*
Burzum.
Quote by Telestar
Trust me man, it's Smoke on the Water. Deep Purple only wrote one song.
Gogoroth
Deicide

These bands are truly metalcore at heart, and they have some VERY pro Christian messages... thats why I recommend them.

NOTHING HURTS BATMAN!

Quote by dannay
what this man says is correct.

Quote by clemm
WHAT IS THE PIT!?!?!!!!!!?!??
--clemm

n00b
Does a band have to say, 'ooh we're christian ...........' (whatever genre) or is it the fact that they all are christians that earns them the tag. Because in my band, we're all christians, but we're just a metal band.
Bristol Rovers

Up the Gas!

Please, call me Joe.
I don't think that As I Lay Dying should be considered a Christian band. Being Christian is what brings them together, but I don't think its the basis of any songs.

Quote by templar08
Does a band have to say, 'ooh we're christian ...........' (whatever genre) or is it the fact that they all are christians that earns them the tag. Because in my band, we're all christians, but we're just a metal band.

Exactly. That's what MOST Christian Metalcore bands are like.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
Last edited by YourDad at Jan 1, 2009,
Underoath, metalcore or not are horrendous

And I agree with others
It's just because the genre is getting some limelight right now, there are Christian bands throughout music, including the inherently Satanic black metal I hold so dear
i saw Confide at warped tour and it said jesus christ or something on the back of the guys guitar .

edit: isn't this kindofthewrongforum
The Burial from South Bend, Indiana
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
Christian Metalcore...

Those two words don't belong in the same sentence..

I'm not saying the Music is bad, but the name just doesn't sound right.
Quote by Metallica rulz
Underoath is not a ****ing metalcore band!!! As i lay Dying= metalcore
...but I dont want to start an arguement..

How so are they not?
Quote by SlinkyBlue
I remember when I was really young, I had a wet dream in which i was being dragged along an urban countryside by a pickup truck.

Don't ask me I have no idea how the hell it happened.

To Me:

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

I love you
Quote by Megadeth2011
Gogoroth
Deicide

These bands are truly metalcore at heart, and they have some VERY pro Christian messages... thats why I recommend them.

at irony
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
There are Christian bands of other genres, but they're usually pop bands. What do you prefer, metalcore or pop?
Page 1 of 2