I was just cleaning my guitar and the fret board with a cloth and I noticed that theres like a oil/shiny/wet kind of stain or a mark near the head stock. Its on the fret board though and it covers about 2 or 3 frets :S. I tried cleaning it off but it doesnt work and I tried wetting my cloth and doing it but it also didnt work. Anyone knows how to get rid of this or is it post to be like that? It feels smooth when I slide my fingernails but on the other frets if I slide my fingernails on it, it doesnt slide (the fingernail just gets stuck in these little lines.) Kinda hard to explain. Help please T.T and its an Yamaha Pacifica 812v.
Quote by Korea Rocks
or is it post to be like that?

Please tell me you didn't just replace "supposed" with "post".

And I have no idea about the fretboard stain.
This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is MINE.
its a cumstain ... you could easily get it removed, but it was a part of you and now its on your guitar, you unconciously dont want to get it cleaned off
Okay heres the pictures

This is the part where it looks shiny/wet of my guitar

This is how it was suppose to look before.

Is it post to be like the first or second? How do I get rid of it :S if its not supposed to be there?

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the part is dry and smooth.
did you eat crisps before cleaning

if so
lolyourguitarisfat

if not
lemon oil
do it now
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
This is what happens when you don't wash your hands after eating junk food. It's grease from either your hands on food you were eating. It soaked into the wood.
i think it will wear away eventually but i don't know
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
The fretboard is rosewood and using the lemonade works? How, do I have to squeeze out the juice and just damp it with a cloth and wipe it?
lemon oil is something you buy in a guitar shop and comes in a bottle
not lemon juice lol you fool
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Lemon Pledge (the furnature cleaner) Works great and your guitar will smell amazing for a while...
Funny

(\__/)
(='o'=)
(")_(")
Quote by Korea Rocks
Okay heres the pictures

This is the part where it looks shiny/wet of my guitar

This is how it was suppose to look before.

Is it post to be like the first or second? How do I get rid of it :S if its not supposed to be there?

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the part is dry and smooth.

You are missing a fret marker to.

EDIT: It also apperare that, since the stain, you neck has got longer and the frets more close together.
I am assuming that it is the same area?

Time on earth is like butterscotch; you really want more, even though it will probably just make you ill.

Certified lurker
Quote by IYanoplathizoI

EDIT: It also apperare that, since the stain, you neck has got longer and the frets more close together.

Where??!!

Edit: He's missing a couple of strings, but that's it.
Quote by IYanoplathizoI

I think the second photo is a different part of the neck, showing how the neck should look.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO

Use a bit on a paper towel (no toilet paper) or cloth then wipe clean. You'll see how much you need according to how much gets sucked into the wood. If your fretboard is dry whch it doesn't appear to be it'll suck in that lemon oil like a $5 hooker. If not then don't add anymore and just continue cleaning.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst