Ok, so after playing guitar for a year I now also play bass...I've learned a few things...the obligatory killing in the name of, also various random stuff I wrote while i only had a guitar, a few a7x songs and just general jamming.

But I've been doing all that through my (fairly bad) guitar amp, so it doesn't sound that good at all...but I'm on a low budget...so what are the best amps between 40-80 quid, for both volume and sound quality?

Also what are some good bassy songs to learn?

Thanks all,

NL
Acoustic brand amps and Crate amps are alright for bass, most people ill praise Acoustic. There's also an "I Need Bass Songs To Learn." thread at the top here.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
Do you Get bass guitgar magazine. The issue had the top 40 bass songs, Im going to woek my way through them.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
well first i'd stop playing through the guitar amp as it will damage the speaker. even at low volumes it can kill it. unless you want to destroy the amp but I believe fire is a much better method.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Quote by Revelation
well first i'd stop playing through the guitar amp as it will damage the speaker. even at low volumes it can kill it. unless you want to destroy the amp but I believe fire is a much better method.

But I like my bass and wanna play it

I did find one that seemed quite good in a guitar shop for £75, but it wasn't a brand I recognise (can't even remember the brand now lol)...and they didn't seem to have any that were cheaper. I'll see if I can get into town this weekend and test a few
Quote by NinjaLamppost
But I like my bass and wanna play it

I did find one that seemed quite good in a guitar shop for £75, but it wasn't a brand I recognise (can't even remember the brand now lol)...and they didn't seem to have any that were cheaper. I'll see if I can get into town this weekend and test a few

if it's Behringer, say no.

otherwise, I doubt it is too bad.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom