Page 1 of 3
Seriously, I don't like talking to people. I don't even really like being around people..I just like to keep to myself. This year I don't have any close friends...I chose this as my old best friends went down a path I did not want to go down after I changed a lot. My parents think I'm depressed, but I'm not. I'm actually very happy. It's just that I am extremely anti-social. Like when asked a question I answer yes, no, or sometimes with a shake of my head...I don't expand at all. And at lunch I sit with a group of people whom I'm not very close to and instead of trying to make friends I just sit and eat.

Is this bad and should I make an effort to be sociable? I'm kind of scared that when I go off to college I won't want to make any friends. Oh, and I used to have one extremely good friend from kindergarden until 9th grade, but she moved 10 hours away..I just don't see the point in trying to get in a new circle of people for a year and then leaving my small town where I've known everyone my whole life.

/sorry for the rant
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
God, you're boring.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
You can't prove that people DON'T walk on water. turn water into wine etc.
Quote by GnR_ROK
God, you're boring.

ok...

I don't like people either.
People are bastards. Bastardcoated bastards with bastardfilling.
Quote by Psalm 150:4
Seriously, I don't like talking to people. I don't even really like being around people..I just like to keep to myself. This year I don't have any close friends...I chose this as my old best friends went down a path I did not want to go down after I changed a lot. My parents think I'm depressed, but I'm not. I'm actually very happy. It's just that I am extremely anti-social. Like when asked a question I answer yes, no, or sometimes with a shake of my head...I don't expand at all. And at lunch I sit with a group of people whom I'm not very close to and instead of trying to make friends I just sit and eat.

Is this bad and should I make an effort to be sociable? I'm kind of scared that when I go off to college I won't want to make any friends. Oh, and I used to have one extremely good friend from kindergarden until 9th grade, but she moved 10 hours away..I just don't see the point in trying to get in a new circle of people for a year and then leaving my small town where I've known everyone my whole life.

/sorry for the rant

But you can post it all on a Forum? what are you trying to say exactly, do you want sympathy?, attention? grow the **** up.
You gonna bark all day little doggie?
Quote by metaldud536
Dunno man. If you want to get anywhere in life you have to socialize.

I want to be a doctor, which does require some social skills, building the trust of your patients, etc... I can talk with people, I just don't like to..

My parents think I'm depressed, but I'm not. I'm actually very happy. It's just that I am extremely anti-social.

Same here. I CAN be socialble sometimes.

I've said no a lot of times to going out with a mate, because there'll be a few others there. I prefer going out with just one or two people.
Quote by Jehuty
How old are you?

Meh, who needs friends? I was like that for a while but I met a bunch of good people who are really fun to chill with. Damnit that was contrasting

I am the King of Carrot Flowers

I was in a similar boat with people doing **** I didn't want to get involved in but then I realized peer pressure isn't as bad as you're led to believe. You can still hang out with people doing things you don't want to and just not do those things.
I want to be a doctor, which does require some social skills, building the trust of your patients, etc... I can talk with people, I just don't like to..

Not just that. The path to becoming a doctor or any succesful person requires socializing. You gotta get references for college/uni, you have to make friends with people in positions that you want to be in, etc ,etc. Of course, the meaning of succesful varies from person to person so I have no idea how succesful you want to be.
If you are happy not talking to people and being antisocial. Fair enough, keep to yourself to yourself. However it will have a very negative effect on others perception of you and will not help you in life.
Quote by ctb
Same here. I CAN be socialble sometimes.

I've said no a lot of times to going out with a mate, because there'll be a few others there. I prefer going out with just one or two people.

this

I am the King of Carrot Flowers

Doctors like talking to people and creating a rapport with patients. Maybe you should stick to being a traindriver. They never talk to anyone.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Seriously, I don't like talking to people. I don't even really like being around people..I just like to keep to myself. This year I don't have any close friends...I chose this as my old best friends went down a path I did not want to go down after I changed a lot. My parents think I'm depressed1, but I'm not. I'm actually very happy. It's just that I am extremely anti-social2. Like when asked a question I answer yes, no, or sometimes with a shake of my head...I don't expand at all. And at lunch I sit with a group of people whom I'm not very close to and instead of trying to make friends I just sit and eat3.

Is this bad4 and should I make an effort to be sociable5? I'm kind of scared that when I go off to college I won't want to make any friends6. Oh, and I used to have one extremely good friend from kindergarden until 9th grade, but she moved 10 hours away..I just don't see the point in trying to get in a new circle of people for a year and then leaving my small town where I've known everyone my whole life.

/sorry for the rant

1. They're right.
2. Being anti-social is a sign of depression (correct me if i'm wrong)
3. Talk to them, they will actually like you more.
4.Yes
5. YES!
6. You won't if you keep up at this rate.
Now i finished drilling it into your head by being harsh.
You definatly should be social because theres nothing like having someone out there who cares for you,who can look after you and can talk to you.
You gotta grab life by it's balls, puff out your chest (not literally) and be confident, you'll feel much better afterwards.
Last edited by slayer_rule_\m/ at Jan 1, 2009,
Congragulations. You are an Introvert.
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
Quote by blackflag49
Joe Biden's wife is a total cougar.

Quote by imdeth
metaldud damn it I said ignore the penis!

XBL Gamer Tag:

Arch Enemy65
Well I don't like knowing loads of people, I prefer having a smaller group I know well so i'm kinda similar in a way. I generally choose to not go out and stuff aswell. It's not neccessarily bad but you might wanna make some friends because you might end up lonely and regret it.
Then you need to become buckethead, oh wait that exists already FUUUUUU!!! Okay pumpkin head. Here's a detailed guide that guarantees INSTANT SUCCES:

step1: say f*K off to all of your friends,parents, pets BUT not guitar.
step2: go to grocery store and buy a big pumpkin (I suggest you to try it before bying it 'cuz your head might be a little big)
step3: practice scales/arpeggios/what ever you can practise on the guitar all day long, even practise while you're sleeping.
step4:????
step5: PUMPKINHEAD > BUCKETHEAD , INSTANT SUCCCESSS LOLZZ GOSHHH OMG NOOBZ!!!1
the only answer is autism
Quote by StillSoundRG
I don't like you ACFCPatrick. Your views differ from mine.
Quote by metaldud536
Not just that. The path to becoming a doctor or any succesful person requires socializing. You gotta get references for college/uni, you have to make friends with people in positions that you want to be in, etc ,etc.

Yeah, I don't think I'll have a problem doing that as I know I have to do it. Plus, the experience will be good and probably most of the conversations will have a point to them.

Im somewhat the same. To me, people bother me by their stupidity and lack of sense of humor causing me to ignore a lot of them on purpose. Buttttt, I would try to go out and talk. You will regret it in the future and sometimes you just have to learn to put up with people no matter how retarded they are. So yeah, go out and make some friends and have some fun.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
I don't know, but I don't really meet up or hang out with the guys that i hang out with in school when it's not school, i just stay at home and play guitar or xbox360.

like " hey chris, you wanna go to the mall later with us?"
I always say no even if i kinda want to, i dunno why.

But i think it's cool.
Quote by Nexium
Ive accidently busted my nut.

/sorry for the rant

I don't think it is bad at all. I pretty much am the same way. I don't like talking to people that much either. And believe it or not, but my parents think I'm depressed too, but I'm not. I also like to keep to myself. I don't like the idea of having someone know everything about me and get all in my personal matters. I don't think you live a bad lifestyle at all. Just live how you want to live.
Yeah, I don't think I'll have a problem doing that as I know I have to do it. Plus, the experience will be good and probably most of the conversations will have a point to them.

Then you'll slowly get out of your anti-social stage.
You call me anti-social, well you're ****ing right!
'Cause I hate this mother ****ing world and every mother ****er in sight!

I got some kind of hate for the human race.
I never found a place in the human race...
Maybe it's too late for the human race.
I never found a place in the human race...

Sometimes I wish I could just turn my back and run.
Just turn my back and run away.
Sometimes I feel like I just gotta gotta get a gun
and reach the top of the world my own way...

SPORTING CLUBE DE PORTUGAL

"And the earth died screaming as I lay dreaming"
Quote by Ichikurosaki
You sound like more of a sociable person than me.

I'm fine.
You must be too.

I remember you. You're the one who thought hentai was art. You're not OK. Get a life.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Seriously? grow up, you need the social skills developed by interacting with others. Especially if you want to be a doctor. Plus you should aim to leave an impression on teachers and such in order to obtain references for your professional life. Do you want to be remembered as that weird kid that just sits in the corner?
Quote by GnR_ROK
I remember you. You're the one who thought hentai was art. You're not OK. Get a life.

SPORTING CLUBE DE PORTUGAL

"And the earth died screaming as I lay dreaming"
I don't think you are really antisocial. maybe introverted, but so am I.

You probably haven't really found REAL friends yet. you'll know them when you find them. I didn't find real friends until i was 17.
my band is here ------> myspace.com/weareattica
You know, I used to be like you around that age. Quite anti-sociable and self-conscious. But after a while I got a job and learned to actually properly communicate with other people. It really made me grow as a person and appreciate myself a lot more. I realised that people aren't that bad. If you start up a conversation with someone they'll probably just react in a normal way, and that way you can start building friendships and stuff. And if they don't react in a proper and decent way, they just aren't worth it. Seriously, try to be more sociable and try to grow as person. You'll learn to be happy about yourself and you'll be a lot happier in general. We need interhuman relationships just like we need air to breathe.
Quote by GnR_ROK

wtf? honestly. THAT was uncalled for.

p.s., TS I pmed you...whatever. It doesn't even make sense.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
Page 1 of 3