As some people on UG know, my employment situation's not been that good lately. As a result, I have re-written my covering letter, and I'd appreciate it if you'd proof-read it for me.

Personal Background

My name is Aidan Stevens, I am 19 years old and I am a musician living in North London. I was born and raised in West Philadelphia where I spent most of my free time in the recreational area outside my school playing basketball.

Ability to adapt to new circumstances

I was bullied at one point in the playground, and I ended up in a fight with some local ruffians, which resulted in my mother becomming concerned and sending me to live with my Auntie and Uncle in Bel-Air. This meant that I had to adapt to a totally new lifestyle and I felt that I was successful in these circumstances.

Intuition and situational judgement

When I hailed a taxi to Bel Air, I remember seeing that the license plate said 'Fresh' and it had dice in the mirror. The cab's appearance seemed shoddy, but, nonetheless, I took the cab to Bel Air. Upon arrival at about 7 or 8, I emerged from the taxi pleased that I had trusted my better judgement and arrived in Bel Air.
Quote by -BlackZeppelin-
Psh. I can can play fleshlight acoustically.

*masturbates*
Absolutely certain to get you employed, very nice
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I will pay you if you send that to employers.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Asshole.
I laughed, though.
Quote by Tire Me.
Raping her in front of other people would be morally wrong.

Quote by Bubbles516
wtf290 uses make bubbles feel like crap
Its super effective!
Lol, you suck.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Try applying for a job at a police station, and on the CV put your main interest is murdering people.
Hats off to you, good sir
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by metaldud536
I don't understand why some entry level jobs require resumes and cover letters and all that fancy waddle...

Depends how you define "entry-level".

I looked at an advert for an apparently entry level job the other day that said you should be a university graduate and have 1-2 years commercial experience in the field.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
haha, nice
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Quote by time_for_food
I'd put more about your previous employment here. Also, some of your better qualities that will be good in a job environment. I know you touched on this in the last section, but a little more won't hurt.

This is good, but I'd lose the part about the fight. Make up some other circumstances which led to your move. Think of it as bending the truth

This is good for some jobs, as it shows you as a risk taker. However, other employers will see you as a risk, and will choose others over you. Be mindful about the type of job you apply for with this section.

Overall, pretty good though

You're not serious, are you?
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
Quote by time_for_food
I'd put more about your previous employment here. Also, some of your better qualities that will be good in a job environment. I know you touched on this in the last section, but a little more won't hurt.

This is good, but I'd lose the part about the fight. Make up some other circumstances which led to your move. Think of it as bending the truth

This is good for some jobs, as it shows you as a risk taker. However, other employers will see you as a risk, and will choose others over you. Be mindful about the type of job you apply for with this section.

████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Ahhh... It warms my heart to see one of these.
Quote by Telestar
Trust me man, it's Smoke on the Water. Deep Purple only wrote one song.
Nice one TS
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
I prefer the Neotoric Sovereign of Bel Air.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
You can't prove that people DON'T walk on water. turn water into wine etc.
Quote by time_for_food

Quote by time_for_food
EDIT: Just cottoned on

Gear:
Maton MS503
Squier Strat
Randall RG75DG3+
H & K 100W Switchblade
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Digitech Crossroads
Digitech Jamman
Zoom G1

Quote by Sol9989
Caramello wins life.

Quote by A8039077
Caramello, that's mother****ing genius!
Quote by sashki
That's real funny. Go work as a comedian copy and paster.

fixd
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Things may be different in London, but to me that sounds like way to much information. Do you realy have to say all that? No one expects a 19yr old to have alot of experience to start with.

You play music, hang out in the park, get into fights, was sent to your Aunts and hail cabs.

May be better said as, you like art and sports, enjoy your extended family and have grown in your independence.

Good luck, just a few thoughts.
"The only solace to the miseries of life is Music and Cats". Albert Schwietzer
It's funny because I couldn't tell what it was from hovering over the threadtitle

And since when do you live in london, aidy?
Quote by tamarama
Things may be different in London, but to me that sounds like way to much information. Do you realy have to say all that? No one expects a 19yr old to have alot of experience to start with.

You play music, hang out in the park, get into fights, was sent to your Aunts and hail cabs.

May be better said as, you like art and sports, enjoy your extended family and have grown in your independence.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's funny because I couldn't tell what it was from hovering over the threadtitle

And since when do you live in london, aidy?

Since a couple of months ago- joined This Is Not A Dead Transmission and lived on my singer's floor in Golder's Green for 2 months. I've now got my own place in Mill Hill and I iz bangin'.
Quote by tamarama

is this a serious post?
Quote by tamarama

I hope you're kidding.

It's hilarious how many people haven't caught on yet.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
nobody spoil it for the people who haven't caught on yet. this will be greatness.
I suspected it would be as soon as I saw the words "west Philadelphia"
PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!