I wonder for most of my time playing guitar (6 months lol) does Les Paul the guitarist get royalties for every Gibson/ Epiphone Les Paul Guitar sold as it seems to me (using Gibson's MSRP price) a Gibson SG standard $2,517 USD. While a Les Paul Standard at MSRP price is $3,899. I know that the materials don't cost $1,200.

It's also the exact same thing for Epiphone too. The G-400 (or Epiphone SG standard) is $665 MSRP while the Epiphone Les Paul standard is $915 and i hear that its the same electronics for all standard range Epiphone's to?

Sorry if my Spelling sucks i was kinda rushing.
Fender Telecaster
Squire Vintage Modified '70s bass
no. he left gibson a long time ago i believe. the guitar is just named after him.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
i don't know facts, but he went through a messy divorce, and tried to get his name of of some guitars (ie. SG), so his bitch wife wouldn't get anymore money
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Well, technically it IS the Les Paul Signature Model, so I suppose that would make sense. I've always wondered the same thing.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
He never really cared for the guitar as far as I know, he just let Gibson name their guitar after him and he was endorsed for a while, I believe. Look it up on wiki or Google.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by Shinozoku
He never really cared for the guitar as far as I know, he just let Gibson name their guitar after him and he was endorsed for a while, I believe. Look it up on wiki or Google.

i'm pretty sure he still even uses his own personal custom model, but it is very different from the 'typical' les paul guitar.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube
i'm pretty sure he still even uses his own personal custom model, but it is very different from the 'typical' les paul guitar.

His custom is just a Semi-hollow Les Paul with P-90s, isn't it? o_o
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
I think so. He does prefer semi-hollows anyway.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by V.U.K
His custom is just a Semi-hollow Les Paul with P-90s, isn't it? o_o

no, i don't think so. it looks like that.. uhmm... les paul "recording"??? guitar gibson made a while back with really weird angled pickups and loads of knobs and switches.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Felttoaster
I wonder for most of my time playing guitar (6 months lol) does Les Paul the guitarist get royalties for every Gibson/ Epiphone Les Paul Guitar sold as it seems to me (using Gibson's MSRP price) a Gibson SG standard $2,517 USD. While a Les Paul Standard at MSRP price is $3,899. I know that the materials don't cost $1,200.

It's also the exact same thing for Epiphone too. The G-400 (or Epiphone SG standard) is $665 MSRP while the Epiphone Les Paul standard is $915 and i hear that its the same electronics for all standard range Epiphone's to?

Sorry if my Spelling sucks i was kinda rushing.

From what i read, Les Paul originally designed the Les Paul guitar as we know it, and the first time he took it to gibson they didnt like it and turned it down, but then when Fender's Stratocaster got popular and Gibson realised that they needed a solid body electric guitar to compete against the Strat they called Les Paul back and endorsed the Guitar, it first came in Gold top and Ebony since Les Paul considered the colors classy and it would go well with a tuxedo.

Later on, Gibson designed and pushed out the guitar as we know it, the SG without Les Paul knowing so he asked to have his name take off it.

After a while, Les Paul had to go through a divorce, so he asked Gibson if he could stop working with them for until the divorce was over so profits and whatnot wouldnt be taken by his wife.

Thats all i know, he probably got a large share of money at the beginning and can get any guitar he wants from gibson nowadays.

Hope it wasnt too boring. =P
Quote by wair138
From what i read, Les Paul originally designed the Les Paul guitar as we know it, and the first time he took it to gibson they didnt like it and turned it down, but then when Fender's Stratocaster got popular and Gibson realised that they needed a solid body electric guitar to compete against the Strat they called Les Paul back and endorsed the Guitar, it first came in Gold top and Ebony since Les Paul considered the colors classy and it would go well with a tuxedo.

Later on, Gibson designed and pushed out the guitar as we know it, the SG without Les Paul knowing so he asked to have his name take off it.

After a while, Les Paul had to go through a divorce, so he asked Gibson if he could stop working with them for until the divorce was over so profits and whatnot wouldnt be taken by his wife.

Thats all i know, he probably got a large share of money at the beginning and can get any guitar he wants from gibson nowadays.

Hope it wasnt too boring. =P

He did not design the les paul, he designed an electric plank, and it was the fender broadcaster...
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by I am wet
He did not design the les paul, he designed an electric plank, and it was the fender broadcaster...

He never did that... He had an Epiphone hollowbody and he stuck a 4x4" pine plank in (actually, it was a fence post IIRC) the middle. So, he really designed the 335.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I have a 1969 Les Paul Recording that is a BAD MAMA JAMA, I also have a 1973 Les Paul Triuph Bass that is a Twin to the 69' it is also one HELLA B.A.B. I play the G through a new Peavey Tube Vypyr 60 and the B through a Roland/TubeWORKS rig. I'm really proud of them both, as well as there sound.