Some musicians are all about performing, they hate being in the studio, and generally live for the road. Some musicians really prefer being in the studio and eventually getting the end goal of a great album. I guess if you've never gigged or recorded, just make an educated guess. What kind of musician are you?

I am the latter, or at least, I think I would be.

What say you, Pit?
I love both.

And thanks for mentioning me in your sig. Though I'd appreciate it if you didn't tell everyone my plans.

Jedit: Road.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Last edited by Oblivion_Rps at Jan 1, 2009,
Lets get a poll up in this hizzle.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway

lol wut?
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Road.
SPORTING CLUBE DE PORTUGAL

"And the earth died screaming as I lay dreaming"
k koo
Quote by texasthrasher
Cover your ears(or they WILL be raped) that is ****ing great

I survived weeding out 09'
i go either way, it depends on my mood.
Quote by horny_cactus
Who's Rick Roll? Sorry for my ignorance I just joined this forum so I don't yet Know that member.
I'd like to choose being on the road, but I think it would get tedious performing the same 14 songs every night for 3 months in a row.

Having never gigged, I would love to start a band and play to an audience. I think it's quite an experience to be up there and play music. But if you're a pro and you have to do it for months, it'll get boring.
I'm both. Being in the studio is fun because you're with your good friends recoding your songs. And playing live has the chance of getting some.
Quote by The_Paranoia
I'm both. Being in the studio is fun because you're with your good friends recoding your songs. And playing live has the chance of getting some.

this is full of win
just get a reality tv show and then u can make millions being a **** up

MTV Sucks

Quote by hazzmatazz
You think you need help and you don't watch it everyday?

Oh man I'm well and truely on the point of no return then

MY COUSIN IS HOT
Nothing beats being on tour, its tons of fun and is a total experience. I love recording, but i often favour recording in a live setup, so tracking is overruled. I dont -hate- the studio though.
i like playing live more cuz of the enregy you get from the crowd, but i love the studio cuz you can make up crazy ideas and you can make whatever kind of music you feel like making without anyone telling you to make a specific kind
i really dont know. im in two bands and i absolutely love gigging with them because its just great to get onstage and play. on the other hand i really enjoy being in the studio because i find a lot of creativity there, and i enjoy recording and mixing music from other bands too.

its too difficult..i love it all!
I think I'd love the studio
This is my sig, isn't it

AWESOME?

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']I never understood Christianity.

A religion that is essentially based on stories about an invisible man that made the universe and a magic zombie that could walk on water and got nailed to a cross.
How could anybody pick between these, hell, as long as im playing my music i dont give a damn whether it's in front of 500 people or in front of a half a dozen techs.
I'd be the kind that's on the road constantly, gig after gig.
Pick flowers not fights.
Make love not war.
Drop acid not bombs.

i love performing, playing for crowds is better than any thing else! however, im not a "on-the-road"guy. so, i choose studio ... and playing the same set (maybe slightly mix it up a bit) for three months is kinda boring.

edit: i want to be a producer also
I have never done a performance to more than about five people so I wouldn't really know what gigging is like. I love recording though, it's what I spend most of my spare time on actually. I'd probably be a studio person.
I... really don't know, if you are in tour, you get to visit amazing places.
I've never gone to Europe, and I'm dying to go to Germany, Italy, Greece and Spain.
If you're in the studio, you can let go of everything and create an idea that's never become real, now that is what I call being God.
Now you decide educating yourself or being a God.
Member #? of theVIVA MEXICO CLUB

Beware of the Lawyer: the Dog is Harmless.
I say performing.

She dreams in color, she dreams in red.

Quote by josh999x
A guy put a dildo on his head and shouted look i'm a unicorn.

Quote by sg255
Patrick was so slang, but Squidward was a boob waffle.
Quote by Jake_422

HAHA OHMIGOD THAT'S THE FUNNIEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN UR SO FUNNY AND ORIGINAL IT WASN'T WHAT U SAID IT WAS IT WAS SOMETHING ELSE LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL DID YOU THINK TO DO THAT ALL BY YOURSELF THAT IS HILARIOUS

Oh wait, you stole that from 4chan. They did it like, 2 years ago, and it was never even funny then.

Are you really happy with your life? Is this what you enjoy doing with your time? Posting RickRoll links is probably the lowest form of life.
the road. There's no guarantee your album that you've worked so hard to produce will get big, but it's pretty much guaranteed that if you spend a while on the road with your buddies playing music, you're gonna have a few good memories.
I think I'd like both, but prefer the road.

I'd love playing infront of new people every night.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

I'd love touring or just playing local shows in a local scene. You make friends, you connect with people, and you have and give people a great time playing live. Sure, the studio is cool and all, but I'd rather play live.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
well, seeing as my recording experience is minimal, and Ive only gigged, gigging. just because you get to travel and stuff. plus, there's no groupies in the studio as far as I know
Both man, it's about the performance and the records you put out, record a record go on a tour.