I just got new skullcandy headphones, and the impedance says 32ohms, and the wattage says 100mW, so I wanna be sure I can hook these into the back of my EVJ which is 5W and can run at 4 8 or 16 ohms.
Just wanna make sure this won blow out my headphones
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

you'll blow your amp up basically.

you can't play a head through headphones. if you want to play through headphones, get a practice amp
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Wait ...why?

Quote by bogg808

The headphones won't be able to take the load. They will break. Running a tube amp without a proper speaker might break it, too.

Don't do it.

100mW is 0.1 Watt, not 100,000,000 watts, as you might be thinking. I doubt you are, but just in case you didn't know.
...****

Quote by bogg808

If the amp has a headphone out you can. Also your amp wont 'blow up'. but dont run 'phones from the speaker outs if thats what you're asking.
If your amp has a headphones jack it will be fine but if your running your amp head straight into your headphones you headphones will break because they are not designed to take that much power
Quote by Ichimaru
Pics? I can tell if someone has AIDS just by looking.

Quote by xHuffyx
BTW, what's metal and full of holes?

Dimebag Darrell.
What about running the amp into a reciever? Granted, the thing is older than hell, but the thing has imputs for a bunch of ****, and has the options of going out speakers or headphones, could I run it thru that?

Quote by bogg808

The jacks on the back are for running a speaker nothing else. If you get an adapter and run from that jack to a receiver it will fry the receiver and probably the amp. If you hook headphones to that jack you will fry your headphones and amp. It boils down to you CANT use headphones with a Vjr.
the fact of the matter is that the vjr DOES NOT have a headphone out. Yout simply cant do this, it will ruin your headphones and more importantly your amp. get some cheap ss amp with headphone out and a cd-in for practice, and enjoy your vjr by acquirring a nice cab. might i suggest a 2x12 v30 cab Thats what I use for it and it is briliant really
Guitars:
Gibson L. P std. 2006
Gibson L. P studio
Höfner asj228
Main amp:
Marshall 2061x HW head
Marshall 2061cx cab
fx:
Stock BD-2
TU-2
verbzilla
C.M. Red repeat