Well i got this amp 2-3 years ago, and it has served me well in the time I have been using it. Recently however, the FX has turned permanent and I can't turn it off no matter what. I still have the footswitch, but the FX button on that broke within the first 6 months. Is there any way i can disconnect the FX completely? Or something like that?

And I'm broke as a joke, so a new amp, or getting it professionally fixed anyway, is kind of a problem. Any ideas?
Well....it's a solid state. When they break, the only thing you can do is get a new amp. Sorry dude.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
hes right. a tube amp would be easy to fix if u know what ur doin, but digital effects, forget about it. go out and buy a new, (better) amp...
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Quote by AngusJimiKeith
hes right. a tube amp would be easy to fix if u know what ur doin, but digital effects, forget about it. go out and buy a new, (better) amp...

You know TS, if you can scrape together about $350, you can get a Blackheart Little Giant. I'm getting one soon. They've got a good reputation too. 5/3w Class A Tube.
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
yeah by better i was impling nothing...there are few amps that people actually hate more than the MG...but tube is the best bet.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Haha, I like the sound of the amp, the quality of the amp itself is garbage though.

I obviously already tried turning them down, and I'd sell my right foot for a tube. I guess I'll just have to save up. Thanks for the advice.
No problem!

Oh no....don't tell me....

Your MG is stuck on the CRUSHING OVERDRIVE, isn't it?
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
yeah, try out some smaller tube amps too, tubes are much louder than solid state...i cranked my valve jr when i first got it...bad idea, 5w tube can crack a window!
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
I take it it's out of warranty then?

If it is you could open it up and have a look inside, you might see a cheap simple component that's obviously faulty or some bad soldering that you could fix. You might also see nothing but looking's free so

If you look inside and take pictures you could post them here and maybe get more help that way.
Its going to be in the digital part of the amp. Something thats going to be very difficult to diagnose without the proper equipment. And even then fixing it could be a serious problem if even possible. Try work around it if not then start saving money.