So im thinking i want to get some emg's in my explorer. since its not equipped with active already....what would be an average price to have them installed? Or should i just get passive and not hassle with the extra stuff? Im thinking of the kerry king or zakk wyld ones.
What kind of EMGs? are you wanting the common EMG 81-85's?

EDIT: woops didnt see the Zakk wylde/KK

Yea for the Zakks My buddy put em in his SG, cost him around 250$ I think for the installation and for the P-ups.

Hope that halps
Quote by I.O.T.M
Taking the piss out of Americans is like bullying retards, it's unashamedly one-sided but extremely gratifying.
It's usually around 30-50 a pickup
Gear:

Jackson Mark Morton Dominion
Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
Quote by BigRob91

Are you Kidding me? I have Select Design P-ups (designed by EMG, so pretty much like epiphone to gibson) and they were 80$
Quote by I.O.T.M
Taking the piss out of Americans is like bullying retards, it's unashamedly one-sided but extremely gratifying.
Not really a fan of EMG's, but you don't actually have to route that much, you can just make the PUP cavities deeper if they aren't already. The batteries go underneath the PUP's and you keep the appearance of a stock Explorer. The batteries last something like 5000 hours or something ridiculous, just make sure to unplug the guitar after using it, to prevent the battery from wasting away.
Quote by Dirty_Civilian
Not really a fan of EMG's, but you don't actually have to route that much, you can just make the PUP cavities deeper if they aren't already. The batteries go underneath the PUP's and you keep the appearance of a stock Explorer. The batteries last something like 5000 hours or something ridiculous, just make sure to unplug the guitar after using it, to prevent the battery from wasting away.

why? they're no deeper than normal Passive HB's.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
hmmmm ok so sweet...how bout any recommendation on active for bridge then passive for the neck?
its gonna cost you!!! Active's need somewhere to put the battery, which means hacking up the body with a router, any luthier will charge for that, i reckon about £80-100 per pick up but that really is a guess.

ring your local luthier...
Cursed to one day crash and burn because we fly so god damn high.
Tell us what amp u have.

Actives might not make a difference to u depending on ur amp.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Installing EMGs takes a little more than your usual pup swap. You need to have room for the power source/battery, if not you have to make room that can mean routing and installing a battery box. The pots and jack need to be changed as well. I thnk $150.00 (not including the cost of the pups) would be a conservative estimate for the install depending on where you live.

It would be much cheaper to just have the pups swapped with some really good passive pups. That can run you under $50.00 (not including the cost of the pups) for the install and you can use the existing electronics if it's Gibson. You also can sell your gibby pups for a decent price.

John
Quote by johnro6659

It would be much cheaper to just have the pups swapped with some really good passive pups. That can run you under $50.00 (not including the cost of the pups) for the install and you can use the existing electronics if it's Gibson. You also can sell your gibby pups for a decent price.

John

+1
Quote by BigRob91

you're insane. A EMG 81 costs about 100 by itself. So if you want 2 pups thats about 200, plus tax, plus installation if you dont know how to do it.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
Quote by this&that
you're insane. A EMG 81 costs about 100 by itself. So if you want 2 pups thats about 200, plus tax, plus installation if you dont know how to do it.

I'm pretty sure he meant 30-50 a pickup for the routing/installation, not the actual pickup.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
I have a Gibson Explorer with the Zakk Wylde EMG's cost $40 for the installation.
Church burning is good for the (social) environment

_██_
(ಠ_ృ--------

Quote by theknuckster
It's like you take vodka, and then dilute it down until it's pretty much water, but still call it vodka, and proceed to pretend to get heavily wasted off it.