Ok, so yesterday I went to Guitar Center before they closed down for New Years night (the cash I had was burning a hole into my pocket)... I figured they would have some decent used gear since it was right after the holidays, and boy was I right... They had a gorgeous Mesa Studio 112... It was the first thing I saw and the first thing I went to... I plugged in and immediately got an amazing blues tone... And with a nice OD in front of it I got one hell of a nice metal tone... Despite the fact that it was a little dirty and had a really simple panel, I almost bought it... I mean for the $550 they were asking for it, it seemed like an amazing deal...

Then I found a Peavey Windsor Studio... I had always been wanting to try it so I had to give it a shot... I was a little disappointed though... It really was a one trick pony... It didnt have much of the classic Marshall tone that the head is supposed to have... It sounded a bit thin and muddy and just really wasn't my cup of tea...

I looked at a used JSX 212 combo and it was damn nice, but it wasn't that great of a deal for the $1000 they were asking for it... It did have nice cleans and a great distorted tone though...

Then I finally saw it... A gorgeous shiny black tolex covered combo... The Bogner Alchemist... I decided that even with the price that I was going to give it a try... When I turned it on I got a great clean tone... After fiddling with the knobs a bit I got a great bluesy tone, very gritty and with some balls... Very similar to SRV type blues... It was nice and round and fat tone that screamed amazing... It would get very nicely into classic metal tones... And with a good OD in front of it it went right into modern metal... So I instantly fell in love with it, as you can probably imagine...

So I talked to the manager of the store and he told me it was the last combo that they had... He even cut me one hell of a deal on it since it was their floor demo model that I was looking at... So it didnt take much convincing myself for me to decide that it was the amp I wanted...

I also got a couple of new pedals... I always liked the Ibanez Weeping Demon wah pedal so I picked up one of those... I got an ElectroHarmonix Electric Mistress... A Boss TR-2 Tremolo... And finally the MXR EVH Phase 90...

I am so happy with my new rig that I almost sh*t a brick when I got it home and all plugged up... So yeah... I just thought I would share my lovely new amp story with yall...
CONGRATZ

pix of your new rig would be nice and clipz too
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
We Demand Teh Pixx And Teh Clipz
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
Sweet. I tried an alchemist out and really liked it as well. Sounds very similar to the Framus Dragon, maybe with a little mushier of a midrange, which IMO is a good thing.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Easy guys... I will get pics later on today... I have been so busy playing with it this morning that I barely have been able to get on here to pull off some tabs... But, I'll probably have to post some vids of it since I dont have any mics or anything... But yeah, this thing is sooooo loud... I woke my brothers hung over a$$ up at like 8 this morning... It was awesome!!!!

And I only ended up paying about $1400 with tax and all...
This thread demands pics.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Peektcharz
Quote by hell_monkey
Lmao pantera? you'd think obama listened to some tupac or something
yeah i tried one of those before, they are killer. nice buy, your a lucky man
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Elitist Paul Mccartney Texan
Orange Tiny Terror
Vox Valvetronix AD 30
Vox V847 Wah
Metal Muff EQ (broken )
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal

Me playing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0unpDZFIWA
thats awesome i tried one of these in guitar center and it was beautiful. did you get the 1x12 or 2x12

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

can it do metal ?
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
Quote by AJS19
$1400. Damn, I wanna see. And because I have too much time on my hands,

It's ticking away my sanity...(styx)

anyways, nice pickup, i've always wanted to try a bogner but due to my GC's lack of good gear I can't.
guess what?

You've got too much time on your hands! lol

I love styx
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
pics or gtfo
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Quote by Bostonrocks
guess what?

You've got too much time on your hands! lol

I love styx

I didn't make it, but it's the first time i've gotten to use it.
Hey i got a new amp and i wanna post pics but UG wont let me load them, too big or somthing. Is there anyway I can get these dirty bastards online?
My Gear:

Fender Aerodyne Stratocaster
NOS Tweed Fender Blues Jr
Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
Quote by MOOSE_CCR99
Hey i got a new amp and i wanna post pics but UG wont let me load them, too big or somthing. Is there anyway I can get these dirty bastards online?

Tinypic.com
or
Photobucket.com

Select to copy the secton that says forums and message boards.

Shazam.
nice, thanks!
My Gear:

Fender Aerodyne Stratocaster
NOS Tweed Fender Blues Jr
Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
Quote by Hcmanu
can it do metal ?

Easily.

Very German toned. If you're a tool fan on a budget, or don't want to drop $4200 on a Diezel, this is a great choice for a lot of dry low end, good midrange, and upper end harmonics.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio