Page 1 of 2
Hey My mum has given me $4000 to blow on any guitar I want. She said pick something special because its my 18th.. I use a DKMG and an RR24, I heavily endorse Jackson Guitars and will not settle for anything less. Although I have had my eyes on an LP Custom? I play.. METAL, black metal, death metal, melodic death, blackened death. Yes I am a metalhead.

I am very much into EMG Pickups. As you can see from my two guitars. As i state before, I want a Jackson. No other brand. Also would this money be enough to spend at the custom shop? If not how much would I need to have a custom built Jackson guitar?

Please only post LONG ESSAYS. "Get the ----" Is appriciated but I really want more in-depth information about these guitars as this is alot of money.

Thanks UG!
You're not going to like this, but... take your head out of the sand and stop being cool. There are loads of other guitar brands out there that deliver better than Jackson, for a lower price. 4000 bucks is a lot of money, and you really want it to be special. You can get a seriously cool custom guitar for that kind of money! And I'm not talking about 'custom' like Jackson custom, but really find a luthier that does EXACTLY what you want. To the mm.

Just my 2 cents...
Quote by Y00p
You're not going to like this, but... take your head out of the sand and stop being cool. There are loads of other guitar brands out there that deliver better than Jackson, for a lower price. 4000 bucks is a lot of money, and you really want it to be special. You can get a seriously cool custom guitar for that kind of money! And I'm not talking about 'custom' like Jackson custom, but really find a luthier that does EXACTLY what you want. To the mm.

Just my 2 cents...

This is basically what I was gonna post but I didn't want to seem like a douche. But now I know it's not just me.

Buying another Jackson and wanting the same pickups, and spending $4000 on it when you already have 2 seems utterly ridiculous to me. It will not be very different. Go and try some other brands out, or look into some custom shops.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
ESP Horizon Custom
HORIZON CUSTOM

* Neck-Thru-Body
* 25.5” Scale
* Mahogany Body
* Quilted Maple Top
* Maple Neck
* Ebony Fingerboard
* 42mm Graphite Nut
* Thin U Neck Contour
* 24 XJ Frets
* Black Nickel Hardware
* Sperzel Locking Tuners
* Tonepros Locking Bridge
* Seymour Duncan Custom 5 (B) /
Jazz (N) p.u.

sexy, sexy guitar. either finish u choose will kick ass. unfortunately, no tremolo 8...( but what can u do? plus, y do u want 3 guitars tht sound the same?
oh, and look into PRS
Get something custom with a million humbuckaz in teh bridge and 50 single coilz in teh neckz.

Yeah!!!
You, my good TS, come off as a bit of a prick.

I'm not going to post a long essay. In fact, I'm going to keep my answer to you short and sweet.

Go custom. Buying another guitar, when you already have two of basically the exact same thing, is pretty stupid. Why go custom? You can get whatever you want. Hell, you could get a Jackson Custom if you're that hell bent on Jackson.

Every custom option you want, and guess what? It's Jackson.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by stratman_13

+1
Rip Kylee Harris 4.13.93-11.28.08
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
tell him that he is the drummer and that his opinions are invalid

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

Quote by stratman_13

I'm not going to post a long essay. In fact, I'm going to keep my answer to you short and sweet.

Go custom. Buying another guitar, when you already have two of basically the exact same thing, is pretty stupid. Why go custom? You can get whatever you want. Hell, you could get a Jackson Custom if you're that hell bent on Jackson.

Every custom option you want, and guess what? It's Jackson.

Sorry that I came across the wrong way. When I said about Jackson Custom shop I did mean picking out my own specs. Sorry about coming across as rude.
If I had $4000 to blow on a guitar, I would run to Black Machine or Carvin on my knees before the cheque had even cleared...

Jackson have got a pretty hot custom shop from what I hear, but do you really want another very similar guitar to what you already have? Variety is the spice of life, and although I love Jackson too, here I would go for a custom luthier job. Top of the range, seriously man.
spend 2000 on the guitar and 1500 on an amp and 500 on other guitar stuff like effects. Either that or hopefully you got a really nice amp, or else you're really going to waste your money playing it a 4000 dollar guitar on to a ****ty amp.
once you hit up college you won't see that guitar ever again.

4 grand for a guitar? hell even 2 grand is a bit overkill. make good preparation for your future and just put that money back into your bank account. if you really want to spend it go buy a used car. 4 grand can get you a long way in the used market.
Quote by kckyle

4 grand for a guitar? hell even 2 grand is a bit overkill. make good preparation for your future and just put that money back into your bank account. if you really want to spend it go buy a used car. 4 grand can get you a long way in the used market.

I thought about a car but then I have to pay insaurence, and pay for driving lessons, petrol etc..
Buying another jackson seems like the equivalent of throwing money down the garbage disposal. Also the RR24 is a pretty damn good guitar and I myself would kill to get one so why do you feel the need to buy another really expensive guitar. I would personally buy a Memphis Gibson custom but you are teh hard core metalz so you wouldn't like cool stuff like that.
Firefly > You

Trumpet Alliance
What amp do you have TS?
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Quote by Kurapica
What amp do you have?

This.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Sorry if someone's suggested this already: PM Ormsby or something.
My advice, for what its worth.
Look up Whitstable Guitars in UK. He has a Pack Leader in stock and your bucks might just tempt him to sell.
Briefly, the guitar was from only 72 ever made by the guy that runs Fylde Guitars now, and is a single piece of rosewood with ebony fingerboard, inlaid with MOP and silver leaf designs. Full neck and body truss rod means the whole guitar responds to adjustment. It is light and a joy to play but it is moody and there will be days when it doesn't do it for you. But mostly, it will reward your care and sound like nothing you ever heard.
I know all about these beasts as I used to own one and I'd probably swap my left leg for another. The question remains, are you man enough to own one of these?
Dude, get a customized Carvin built to your specs, or a PRS.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
!! READ !!

Go to your local store, play EVERYTHING in the guitar shop and maybe do some more research on/outside of UG. Then decide what YOU like the sound of/looks or whatever the heck YOU look for into a guitar - it's your guitar, your desision. What happens if we all tell you to get something, you get it and don't like it?

But if you want value for money and EMGs, look into Schecter Guitars - don't be close-minded.

Quote by kckyle
if thats the case then go get a zakk wylde les paul custom shop.

This is an example, i got one 'cause people told me to, didn't like it sent it back and luckly got full money back - I'm now looking into something I like, but you might not be able to get your money back.
Last edited by CrimsonBizzare at Jan 1, 2009,
I actually have a suggestion only one other person has brought up. Don't buy another guitar. Buying a 4,000 dollar guitar is idiotic unless your a Professional musician. Spend it on something practical or just put away in a bank.
Firefly > You

Trumpet Alliance
Quote by covenantjoe789
I thought about a car but then I have to pay insaurence, and pay for driving lessons, petrol etc..

Then get a cheap car and spend the left over money on all that.
^ agreed get urself a 800-1000 axe and a nice amp and a few pedals 4 ur style put the rest away
Ibanez Jem 7 DB-K
5150 combo
ZW OD (F/S)
Korg Tuner
Honestly, a full-on custom is only worthwhile if you know exactly what you want.
Carvin would be my suggestion. It's pretty hard to go wrong with their options, plus the build quality and tone of their guitars is excellent, and they fall very much below your budget. You could buy a set of your beloved EMGs (not my choice but it's not my guitar) and have them fitted.
You'll probably still have a $2000 left over after all that to spend of whatever the hell you want.
I checked Carvins site site but I couldnt find anything about choosing my own specs. How do I find a good luthier to make exactly what I want? As for amp I have a Marshall cabinet and Kerry King signature head.
Quote by covenantjoe789
Sorry that I came across the wrong way. When I said about Jackson Custom shop I did mean picking out my own specs. Sorry about coming across as rude.

It's okay mate

I may have overreacted a tad

It's been a long day
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Ah good, no worries with the amp then. I would suggest just going and trying out as many Ibanez, ESPs, Jacksons etc as you can and seeing which one you are really taken with.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Quote by kckyle

i disagree. People that go to college can still play guitar, i mean sure there are circumstances but really? What you said isn't true.

For the TS.

I would recommend a custom but due to your age. ( i to am having the 18th bday guitar/amp dillemma) custom shops take a year or more to come back to you, youll most likely have moved and what not and it could just be a hassle. Look into already ESP maybe or better yet, hit up my favorite brand ever (too bad im a lefty)

Caparison guitars, get one swap the pups, youll be happy for life.

if custom shop is a must, go RAN guitars
Guitars-LEFTY
Bernie Rico Jr. Custom Jekyll
Schecter ATX
Schecter Tempest Cust.
Ibanez GIO
Amps
Laney VH100R-Sell/Trade?? pm me
Cube 15
Misc.
THD HOT plate Attentuator and other stuff
Quote by Krzy8
i disagree. People that go to college can still play guitar, i mean sure there are circumstances but really? What you said isn't true.

he means it is going to be stolen. Fast.
SL2 soloist?

or if you like your RR24 alot and want another rhodes and RR1?
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Quote by Icehawk217
he means it is going to be stolen. Fast.

Im not stupid enough to actually take it to college... I use my microcube and just a cheap Ibanez for practise purposes.
Why do'nt you get two badass guitars. you could get a carvin DC400/CT6 custom, and a PRS custom. You can get great crunch from both. Plus the carvins speed is just insane. Best lead guitars out there. Carvin and PRS. The fat neck PRS can be slow though, but great ****ing crunch.
Last edited by Carvinlover at Jan 1, 2009,
sir, i honestly envy you

4 grand on a guitar is a waste. if you already have two jacksons than why not totally customize one of them, then get a pretty good amp and pedals. i only say that if your hell bent on getting guitars, after all if your going to college than that will all probably get stolen eventually. i say save it.
Quote by smb
Freakish mammals bring the end times. It's not even 2012 yet and we're all on the path to extinction. Send cash now to God-TV!
Quote by Nolly
Honestly, a full-on custom is only worthwhile if you know exactly what you want.
Carvin would be my suggestion. It's pretty hard to go wrong with their options, plus the build quality and tone of their guitars is excellent, and they fall very much below your budget. You could buy a set of your beloved EMGs (not my choice but it's not my guitar) and have them fitted.
You'll probably still have a $2000 left over after all that to spend of whatever the hell you want.

+1
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
hm...4k for a guitar...

Honestly, it has been suggested before, but get a custom made guitar. It's probably the greatest thing ever. Get your name on the headstock get custom inlays, custom shape body, tell them what kind of sound you wanna get from it, they'll put pick ups in, all that good ****.

I say do it, and if you have money over, that's yours to do with what you wish but I say you should buy more gear. Pedals, cords, new strings, so on.
Page 1 of 2