I know that this thread probably is around already.... but whatever. I want to buy a new guitar, and i was wondering what is the cheapest and best les paul, knock-off?

I know that my amp sucks... i already have that taken care of.

Thanks
There was only one Andres Segovia
try and go for an Agile les paul. You will get many recommendations for these. I have one and they are amazing. I would go for an al-3000 or higher. These will give you the biggest bang for your buck.
an epiphone les paul
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
agile al-3000
edit: he beat me to it
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
As you're in the US, Agile are supposed to be amazing. However, you'd get better answers if you gave us a budget.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
Quote by Friendly Stoat
As you're in the US, Agile are supposed to be amazing. However, you'd get better answers if you gave us a budget.

Cheap = Epiphone Les Paul

Good = Agile Les Paul
Rip Kylee Harris 4.13.93-11.28.08
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
tell him that he is the drummer and that his opinions are invalid

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

Quote by thementor
Cheap = Epiphone Les Paul

Good = Agile Les Paul

Now I'm confused. But I'm just asking the TS for a more specific budget.

EDIT: Which we now have. Looks like Agile is going to be your best option, unless you can buy guitars made by Vintage over there, they are awesome quality for really low prices, but they're a pretty small English company, so I dunno about the availability of them in the US.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
japanese copies, probably, but whether they're worth it in the USA is debatable...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Go for a vintage v100
they cost like 200 dont know if you can get them in us though..
they are realy good... have a peter green signature of that guitar... I was choosing between that and an gibson but... that 50s neck is just great
Vintage V100 Peter Green signature
Squier LP
inbanez 12 string V
"custom" Abertone strat made in finland
Squier Acoustic Hello Kitty
Orange Tiny terror
Yamaha cabinet from the 60´s
If you wanted a cheap Les Paul, i'd suggest the brand name "Raven". . . I'm not to familiar with the brand name but I seen a Les paul with that brand name at my local music store for less then 300$.