So, you may not believe me, but a good friend of mine got to talk to Eddie Van Halen over the phone last night on New Year's Eve. I'm not going to go into how, because that is not relevant, but he seriously had a conversation with the legendary EVH and asked him a bunch of questions. He asked if there will ever be a new album, and Eddie said that there is DEFINITELY a new album in the future! That is the good news. Here is the bad news: He also said that he isn't sure who will be singing on this new album.... He said they have been having some problems with Dave and has no idea whether Dave will sing on the new album or not....

I just thought I would share this with everybody. I really hope everything works out and Dave decides to sing on this album! I just want ONE MORE!!!
very very improbable. you have no proof, but then again, we dont have proof that you didnt
Alright... A friend of ours, who is a singer named David, knows some really really big people. For example, he just recorded a song for the next Guitar Hero with Steve Harris from Iron Maiden. He and my friend were talking last night at a party and got on the topic of Van Halen. David was pretty wasted and pulled out his phone and called somebody, then handed the phone to my friend Thomas. It was Eddie Van Effing Halen!!!
i think how your friend ended up talking to him IS relevant...

Edit: it seems too coincidental, but whatever...
Gear:
Peavey Millennium 4 BXP
Peavey TNT 115
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Blackstar Ht-1R
I know its hard to believe, but I swear! He even asked Eddie what kind of keyboard he used on 1984, and he said it was a Korg. (My friend is a key player)
Quote by MetalUpYourRear
Alright... A friend of ours, who is a singer named David, knows some really really big people. For example, he just recorded a song for the next Guitar Hero with Steve Harris from Iron Maiden. He and my friend were talking last night at a party and got on the topic of Van Halen. David was pretty wasted and pulled out his phone and called somebody, then handed the phone to my friend Thomas. It was Eddie Van Effing Halen!!!

Wanna trade friends?
There be no shelter here.
I dont know why its so hard to believe. This might be hard for some of you to imagine, but Eddie is in fact human. And he does have friends, and he talks to them on the phone sometimes.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
Oh, I just talked to my friend again. Sorry, but I have told the story a bit wrong. David was, in fact, wasted to the point where he was almost crying, then started drunk-dialing all the famous people he had in his phone. He also called a few members of Symphony X. But when he called Eddie, he just cried to him for a minute, then handed the phone to my friend, who talked to him for a few minutes.
Quote by LAMF413
Pics or it didnt happen

Black then white are all I see,
in my infancy, red and yellow then came to be.
im gonna have to believe you because why would anyone make that up hah

but i do understand dave not singing
they have always had problems with dave

i think if someone close to dave or hagar would still work out because i think what makes van halen is eddie
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
I could have told you this already.

EVH has said many times that he'll never stop making music.

+

Van Halen the band BEING the man, essentially.

=

Eventual new album.
I just hope Wolfie's not singing back up. If they want him on bass, fine.... Just dont let him sing.

The problem with Dave is, that in his mind, HE was Van Halen, not eddie.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
Quote by GuitarNinja12
I just hope Wolfie's not singing back up. If they want him on bass, fine.... Just dont let him sing.

The problem with Dave is, that in his mind, HE was Van Halen, not eddie.

I really doubt they'll make Wolfie sing on the recordings unless he sounds good. If not, Eddie will probably just do all the backing.
Isn't Wolfie supposed to be a good singer?
I get very tense around apples...Well, I get very tense generally. I think I've fallen into the trap of blaming fruit.

Jeff

Peavey Studio Pro 112 for sale. Anyone want it?
Quote by Munchlaxatives

Yeah! He was great both times I saw them!
Quote by Munchlaxatives

Yeah, but he's fat, so everything good about him is reduced to NOTHING.
Quote by MoleMania
Yeah, but he's fat, so everything good about him is reduced to NOTHING.

Haha, so is Micheal Anthony, sort-of.

Anyway, Van Halen should get Micheal Anthony to sing lead vocals on their new album.
"I wanna see movies of my dreams"
As long as it's not Hagar singing about Cabo Freakin' Wabo
I get very tense around apples...Well, I get very tense generally. I think I've fallen into the trap of blaming fruit.

Jeff

Peavey Studio Pro 112 for sale. Anyone want it?
Quote by Munchlaxatives
As long as it's not Hagar singing about Cabo Freakin' Wabo

DO NOT TALK **** ABOUT HAGAR!!!
Hagar sucks
Quote by happytimeharry
[IMG]http://www.aquateencentral.com/images/characters/JiggleBilly.jpg[/IMG]

Well it's a party in here! Commence the jigglin'!

haha

Witch Hunt
Quote by LAMF413
Hagar sucks

If you seriously think Hagar is a bad singer, then I'd like to hear who you think is a good singer. I can respect if you don't like Hagar, but he is, by no means, a bad singer. He is one of my favorite rock and roll singers of all time along with Roth, Coverdale, Plant, and Paul Stanley.
As much as I love VH in all it's incarnations, with the exception of Cherone, I have to believe that they will never be able to recapture that magic they once had.

But I would still purchase any new material they come out with.
Seriously, I'm in the band.
If it's true! I'm glad he still is active and planing to release a new record in the future!
"I dont wanna stop here you know"
- Randy Rhoads
I agree that Hagar doesn't suck. But his stuff is not nearly as good as dlr's.
"I wanna see movies of my dreams"
Quote by MetalUpYourRear
If you seriously think Hagar is a bad singer, then I'd like to hear who you think is a good singer. I can respect if you don't like Hagar, but he is, by no means, a bad singer. He is one of my favorite rock and roll singers of all time along with Roth, Coverdale, Plant, and Paul Stanley.

Like what someone else said... I prefer DLR over Hagar
Quote by happytimeharry
[IMG]http://www.aquateencentral.com/images/characters/JiggleBilly.jpg[/IMG]

Well it's a party in here! Commence the jigglin'!

haha

Witch Hunt