Poll Options
View poll results: American muscle or imports
American muscle
28 42%
imports
39 58%
Voters: 67.
Smart Cars FTW
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
I like both. I drive a Trans Am, but almost ended up getting a 300zx. I would be happy with either.
Quote by freedoms_stain
No one buys American cars outside of America. They suck.

this man speaks the truth.
Quote by freedoms_stain

The main reason is because they are designed for driving on roads with a lot of long straightaways, which aren't terribly common in most other parts of the world.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Flying Couch
Both.

I can't just pick one of them.

Thats one of the most ugly cars I ever did see.

Even though I'm only 16, I wouldn't go for anything from america over a european car, despite the fact they are all made in eastern europe and places.

I WON'T GET TO GET WHAT I'M AFTER, 'TIL THE DAY I DIE

Quote by ealtdharkon

If there's fluff of the muff,
She's old enough!

...gotta warn you though, witty rhymes do NOT hold up in court...

Last edited by ishalleatyou at Jan 1, 2009,
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
The main reason is because they are designed for driving on roads with a lot of long straightaways, which aren't terribly common in most other parts of the world.
What has that got to do with poor fuel economy?

If I can go further on less fuel in a Japanese car then I will.
Not even a tough one for me. I'd go imports because of the German engineers. Those dudes know how to make a car.
Quote by freedoms_stain

not all American cars have poor fuel economy, most American companies make something that's the equivalent of a smaller Asian model. Muscle cars obviously don't get great fuel economy, but neither do European sports cars.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by freedoms_stain

It's not 1969 anymore. If you want to rag on American cars as a whole, feel free, but do it for something they deserve to be ragged on for. And there are plenty of things, trust me.
Imports FTW. We have...
GMC (Chevy, Pontiac, etc)
Ford
Chrysler

Everyone else has
BMW
Lexus
Subaru
Ferrari
Lotus
Mercedes

so yeah, imports.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
American muscle cars do have a certain charm to them, but really foreign cars are made soooo much better. There's no comparison.
We're only strays.
Quote by therealtater
Chevy has a car that gets 46 mpg now...

Thats nothing on some Japs.
Nissan and Volkswagon have cars that can go 70 odd miles to the gallon.
Quote by Vindication
sorry, but were you born a dumbass or did your mom n' dad take turns bashing your head with cinderblocks?

Quote by Gemini
You know that if you image search "pitbulls humping", all that comes up is a myspace a guy made for their dog?

I didn't actually..
import as in Japanese or everything except american. If its the latter, no contest, you can't beat European cars.
i have an import (honda) but i enjoy american muscle over anything. nothing quite like the sound of a hemi!!!!!
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
Quote by freedoms_stain

Quoted for truth.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Tell me of a good car that the Europeans make?

Some imports are pretty sick.
Honda's are okay, but nothing to be proud of.

Chevy/GMC makes some of my favorites out of the American market
The Cobalt SS, Camaro and Corvette's
The ZO6 Corvette is badass, but the Z51 is madness. (0-60 in 3.14 sec. :0)
Last edited by huevos at Jan 1, 2009,
Quote by huevos
Tell me of a good car that the Europeans make?

Some imports are pretty sick.
Honda's are okay, but nothing to be proud of.

Chevy/GMC makes some of my favorites out of the American market
The Cobalt SS, Camaro and Corvette's
The ZO6 Corvette is badass, but the Z51 is madness. (0-60 in 3.14 sec. :0)

Are you serious about Europeans not making good cars? Ever heard of Lotus, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Volkswagen, Porsche, Audi...well, I think I've made my point.

Also, you're thinking of the ZR1 Corvette. The Z51 is the base Corvette, the Z06 is an upgraded model, and the ZR1 is the one that's ****ing nuts.
As much as I love an old Grand Torino or Camaro, I'm gonna have to say Audi is the #1 manufacturer in my book.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
Well, for America, American cars are going to be better, because cars are products of their environment. America has wide straight roads, so the need for handling roung corners, manual gearboxes is minimal, so cars fast in a straight line are best. And here in Europe, cars are designed to drive best on Euroean roads, which have more corners and are on the whole more hilly.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Depending on the price range, either. Ferraris cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. The Saleen S7 (or anything with that guy's name on it) is american and is damn cool too. I dont see ferrari as competition to GM. They dont sell very many cars (price margin *****s).

American cars to me seem like more value for the money, and are cooler at the <40k range
American Muscle FTW
I would take a Camaro or a Chevelle over a Honda any day. Unless it's Italian Sportscars, but you get what you pay for. In general I'd take the nicest car I could get. If I had like 30k to blow I wouldn't get an import I'd buy a 2002 Camaro and supercharge it, throw a 300 shot of nos in it and fly down the road. But if I had 2 mil to blow I'd go out and get a 440 and work on it. So it all depends on price. But for me it's American Muscle and Italian Supercars FTW
Quote by captaincrunk
Depending on the price range, either. Ferraris cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. The Saleen S7 (or anything with that guy's name on it) is american and is damn cool too. I dont see ferrari as competition to GM. They dont sell very many cars (price margin *****s).

American cars to me seem like more value for the money, and are cooler at the <40k range

Yes, they're definitely cheaper. But that's because they're cheaply made for the ost part. Corvettes have moveable plastic bodywork, they use leaf springs in the suspension which are ancient method of suspension, simple gearboxes and cheap interiors.

But that all works in America. they're designed in such a way that they only work in American environments, that's why American cars aren't sold all around the world in the same way that European and Japanese cars are. You can't drive a Dodge Challenger through the Yorkshire Dales, or the Alps, it would spin round a corner and hurtle off a cliff.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
Quote by freddaahh
Yes, they're definitely cheaper. But that's because they're cheaply made for the ost part. Corvettes have moveable plastic bodywork, they use leaf springs in the suspension which are ancient method of suspension, simple gearboxes and cheap interiors.

But that all works in America. they're designed in such a way that they only work in American environments, that's why American cars aren't sold all around the world in the same way that European and Japanese cars are. You can't drive a Dodge Challenger through the Yorkshire Dales, or the Alps, it would spin round a corner and hurtle off a cliff.

We have jeeps for our rough terrains haha.

Corvettes are not luxury. Cadillac are luxury, and Cadillac is ****ing nice. I've ridden in Bentleys, and i can confidently say that american luxury cars are luxurious
Quote by captaincrunk
We have jeeps for our rough terrains haha.

Corvettes are not luxury. Cadillac are luxury, and Cadillac is ****ing nice. I've ridden in Bentleys, and i can confidently say that american luxury cars are luxurious

I know you have jeeps for rough terrain, we've got Land Rover Discoveries or Defenders, but I'm talking about the different sort of roads.

I wouldn't say so. America ideas of luxury are vastly different to that of a British/German company like Bentley or Rolls Royce. I don't think they translate. I'm on the US Cadillac website, trying to get a view of your luxury cars, some aspects of it are quite luxurious, but most of it seems like everything has been made bigger and softer, the wood interior all looks fake, and the plastci looks cheap.

I was looking at this: http://www.cadillac.com/cadillacjsp/model/gallery.jsp?primary=2&model=cts&year=2009&nid=1&sid=0&id=1
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife