Ok
I've been saving for the fender frontman in my sig for ages, but i played one in my local guitar shop the other day and realised
1. It sucks.
2. 100w is waaaaay overkill for the gigs i'll be doing
so yeah, recomendations please
try to keep it under £200, good rock/blues tone
In a soundcheck there's never too much guitar. Just not enough of all the other instruments.

Quote by skwelcher
i dont think theres any reason to buy a gibson when you can buy an epi that looks the same
Get a Deville. Good blues/rock tone, but dont try to play anything too hard with it.
Rip Kylee Harris 4.13.93-11.28.08
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
tell him that he is the drummer and that his opinions are invalid

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

under £200 please
In a soundcheck there's never too much guitar. Just not enough of all the other instruments.

Quote by skwelcher
i dont think theres any reason to buy a gibson when you can buy an epi that looks the same
Quote by factor67
under £200 please

Well you can't buy the 100W frontman for under that lol.

Fender Vibro Champ XD Vintage (5 Watts, 1x8 In.)

Mike it up if you need it louder, that's the best your going to get for that price and sound.
Rip Kylee Harris 4.13.93-11.28.08
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
tell him that he is the drummer and that his opinions are invalid

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

is there anyway you can up your budget a bit, for US$290 your not going to get much

telEDIT: if you can beef you budget up another 50 pounds, you can get this
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Blackheart-BH5112-5W-1x12-Little-Giant-Tube-Combo-Amp?sku=481675
which should do the trick
i guess i could, but at the moment im playing through a 15w fender frontman, and so i would quite like a new amp soon. i was thinking about getting a vypyr, are they good?

EDIT: this was in response to the question whether or not i should budget up

Quote by skwelcher
Last edited by factor67 at Jan 1, 2009,
i like vypyr's, but i don't think they'll be good enough to gig with, but thats just my opinion.
plus with the black heart i listed, since its only 5 watts tube, you can crank it and get that great tone, and if its not loud enough, you can mike it
thanks
Are tube amps way louder than SS or something? because i would have thought a 5w amp would be ridiculously quiet.
Also i just saw the Roland Cube 60
thoughts?

Quote by skwelcher
Last edited by factor67 at Jan 1, 2009,
tube's are quite loud, and alot of the time they sound lightyears better than SS amps, but there are exceptions, quite a few in fact, but none in your price range.

Cubes are also nice, the 60 should be loud enough to gig with, but i dunno if it'll get a good blues tone. Rock yes, but blues I'm not so sure, that said, i have somewhat limited experience with Cubes