Has anyone had any experience with this? I was thinking about putting in a couple of burstbuckers or maybe a couple Dimarzio super distortions.
what style do you play?
is there a particular tone you want?
what amp are you using?
what is your budget?
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
what type of tone are you going for? those are very differently-voiced pickups, i imagine (i haven't tried the sds). what's your amp and budget? edit: beaten to it
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
well what style of music do you play? if you plan on playing anything heavy, then the burstbuckers are a bad idea
Amp?...

Its not really worth it if you have a SS amp imo. You'll only hear a significant difference with a tube amp.
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
ok here's the skinny. I have about 150 bucks to spend either on one or both. Why are the burstbuckers bad for distortion? I pretty much just want badass all-around pickups. The stock ones are pretty dang good but I just want more from the bridge mainly. My current rig is a Line 6 Flextone HD run simultaneously with an Epiphone So-Cal 50. Prety much a hybrid of solid state/digital modeling and tube tone. As far as the tone i'm going for, it needs to sound GREAT with distortion.
Burstbuckers are much more suited for 70s rock/metal. If you want a really fat distorted tone, look more at Dimarzio Super Distortions or D-Sonics, or a Seymour Duncan Distortion.
Member of the Laney Cult