Page 1 of 2
So, I was thinking about getting a 7 string...whats yout personnel experience, and any suggestion of model\brand

thanks
Budget?
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
Quote by classrock77
a 12 string or a 6 string, dont bother with the other stuff.

close minded much?

ever think it's not about your preferences but the TS'?

ever think that if you had such a unhelpful and biased opinion it would probably be better not to post?

To TS: ibanez and schecter make good 7s
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
if our lookin for a cheap 7 (under £300) then look into the Ibanez RG7321 and the Schecter Omen 7.
if you have a higher budget (£500+) look at the Schecter C-7 Blackjack ATX.
My Gear:
-Guitars:
Schecter 30th Anniversary PT
Schecter V-7 Hellraiser
Schecter Demon 7 FR
Vintage VRS100
Amps:
Randall RG75 G3 Plus
Quote by classrock77
but theres virtually no difference in a 6 string or 7 string.

there's less of a difference between 6 and 12 than there is between 6 and 7
Quote by fleajr_1412

and at least i dont take up a full page with your stupid quotes and gear **** on your messages
Quote by classrock77
but theres virtually no difference in a 6 string or 7 string.

Except for I don't know ... The extra string?

Look around on SS.org, the classifieds there are full of great deals.
"there's less of a difference between 6 and 12 than there is between 6 and 7"
| |
6 string difference one string difference
duh?
Quote by classrock77
and at least i dont take up a full page with your stupid quotes and gear **** on your messages

I really don't think that posts like that will help. But ibanez are very good.
that gut effed up, i meant to say theres only one string diff on a 7 string, but theres 6 strings difference on a twelve string? so yes there is more of a difffernce in a 6 string and a 12
Quote by classrock77

1 - You can turn signatures off in the User Control Panel

2 - The extra Low B extends the range of the guitar, a 12 string sounds bigger by doubling the strings; each has their place but if you don't use them just get the hell out.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by 666_Pounder
Except for I don't know ... The extra string?

Look around on SS.org, the classifieds there are full of great deals.

i was talking about the sound idiot.
No, because the strings on 12s are tuned in pairs, so they're much like a 6.

7s are tuned BEADGBE, you actually get an extended range.

Don't post if you don't know what you're talking about...
Quote by classrock77

so you take the piss out of me for taking up space on the thread when i'm actually trying to make a useful contribution, when by slagging me off you're doing the very thing you're accusing me of?

**** off you walking contradiction
Quote by fleajr_1412

Last edited by Dopey_Trout at Jan 1, 2009,
Ibanez do some really nice S series 7 strings in that price range.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Quote by Friendly Stoat
Ibanez does a really nice S series 7 string in that price range.

Fixed.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-S7320-Electric-Guitar?sku=512509
Ibanez S7320

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-C-7-Hellraiser-Electric-Guitar?sku=518452
Schecter C-7 Hellraiser

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-K7APEX2-Electric-Guitar?sku=512547
Ibanez K7APEX2

These 3 seem to be good bang for your buck, they have good reviews, and are in your budget

telEDIT: ^^^
Grammar Nazi strikes again
Last edited by telemetal at Jan 1, 2009,
Quote by classrock77
iv used both thank you very much.

Great, then why wouldn't you realise that 6s and 12s are NOT like a 7. Christ.

To actually add to the thread, S7320 would be a good choice if you can find one, I never could in the UK :/

But if you're not sure whether you'll get on with 7 strings, maybe something like an RG7321 would be good; cheap, reliable and resellable. Good modding guitar, too, if you're into that sort of thing.

If you can find an S7320, I'd jump on it if I were you though!
Last edited by Mazzakazza at Jan 1, 2009,
Quote by classrock77
i was talking about the sound idiot.

you dont know much about 12 strings do you>

the day you can effectivly use all 12 strings individually ill agree, but they're paired to just get a different sound.

7 string adds a whole new way to play.

gah, DEC 08'ers are now on my prejudice list for being incompetent.
Guitars-LEFTY
Bernie Rico Jr. Custom Jekyll
Schecter ATX
Schecter Tempest Cust.
Ibanez GIO
Amps
Laney VH100R-Sell/Trade?? pm me
Cube 15
Misc.
THD HOT plate Attentuator and other stuff
iv used both so **** off, i posted one commoent and someone bitched at me but i dont give a **** at least im clogging this thread ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Fixed.

Ah, fair enough. I thought I'd seen a couple in that price range, my bad
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Here's another idea; according to that other thread, Ibanez are putting out a new 7 with a maple fretboard this year. If you wait a little while, I'm sure specs will come around, and you never know. I wouldn't want you to regret getting something now if they're putting out something really classy this year!
Quote by Mazzakazza
Here's another idea; according to that other thread, Ibanez are putting out a new 7 with a maple fretboard this year. If you wait a little while, I'm sure specs will come around, and you never know. I wouldn't want you to regret getting something now if they're putting out something really classy this year!

I'd forgotten about that.
TS, that might be an idea, see if this new Ibby is any good, at least before you go and make any snap judgments
yeah but to strum it, theres basically no difference in any chord, and it gives you a few extra notes to pick, unnecessary i think.
If your in england you'll have a harder time finding the schecters which I've experienced the hard way.

the ibanez s470 is good so I'll recomend that and perhaps a pup change
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Quote by Mazzakazza
S470?

I don't think that model exists...(Anymore? Is it an out-of-production model?)

or the equivalent <_< the ibanez names confuse me
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
There's only one current production 7 in the S series, and that's the S7320, far as I know.
Quote by Shredx
If your in england you'll have a harder time finding the schecters which I've experienced the hard way.

You dont have that trouble in Scotland

Why are there so many people saying Ibanez? Schecter have better pickups installed and IMO the colours are a lot better, also over i think the quality of the Schecters are better.
My Gear:
-Guitars:
Schecter 30th Anniversary PT
Schecter V-7 Hellraiser
Schecter Demon 7 FR
Vintage VRS100
Amps:
Randall RG75 G3 Plus
Quote by classrock77
*spam*

*reported*
Good day to you, sir.

TS, do you mind going used? You can get some awesome stuff for that much.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by classrock77
yeah but to strum it, theres basically no difference in any chord, and it gives you a few extra notes to pick, unnecessary i think.

Tell that to Nevermore, Dream Theater and all the other bands who use the extra notes to great effect.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Rob Rock
You dont have that trouble in Scotland

Why are there so many people saying Ibanez? Schecter have better pickups installed and IMO the colours are a lot better, also over i think the quality of the Schecters are better.

I wouldn't personally recommend Schecter because they're impossible to find where I am, therefore I've not had much experience with them, but I play an Ibanez 7 and it's great.

Maybe if we get a decent UK supplier I'll join sides with you, good sir xD
Quote by Mazzakazza
I wouldn't personally recommend Schecter because they're impossible to find where I am, therefore I've not had much experience with them, but I play an Ibanez 7 and it's great.

Maybe if we get a decent UK supplier I'll join sides with you, good sir xD

Reverb isn't that bad if it's basically SoundControl

but the only SoundControl in Edinburgh went independent when the company went tits up so I'm not sure if Reverb is indeed any good
Quote by fleajr_1412

Page 1 of 2