Alright so im begining to think i learned to do this poorly. About once a week one of my strings goes into a state of untuneability (where when i tune up or down, no matter what, it goes down). And i was wondering if maybe theres a recomended way, like should i wrap it around less when im putting the strings in, maybe something like wrap it twice, then go through the hole, wrap it 2 more times, then through the whole again, or is it a matter of my guitar sucks for tuning. If it helps at all, im putting ernie ball hybrids on a gibson explorer.
there is a video somewhere on UG where it shows how to efficiently change strings. Find it, and try it, then if that doesn't work, ask God, He'll know what to do.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
dont wrap it around any less, that only lets them slip loose easier, maybe check the bridge of the guitar
Your guitar probably sucks.
Main Gear:

ESP Eclipse CTM I
Dean 'Shards' Razorback
Chapman Guitars ML-1
Ibanez AEL40SE Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Stack
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Small Clone
The reason it keeps going down is because you have "loose" spots where you've wound the string around the peg and it's slipping, you just need to keep turning it until it tightens.

Here is what I do, I leave a slight bit of slack in the string, and I wrap the string two entire turns around the tuning peg before I feed the end through the hole. And then I tighten from there.
Quote by al112987
The reason it keeps going down is because you have "loose" spots where you've wound the string around the peg and it's slipping, you just need to keep turning it until it tightens.

Here is what I do, I leave a slight bit of slack in the string, and I wrap the string two entire turns around the tuning peg before I feed the end through the hole. And then I tighten from there.

That's an interesting way of checking for slack. I feed it through the put four fingers standing (like a karate chop) on the 12th fret. Works fine for me.
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
Quote by Birchall17
Your guitar probably sucks.

He said its a gibson explorer...
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Crate V33 212 Combo
DigiTech Whammy IV
Dunlop Crybaby
MXR Classic Distortion
Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Boss GE-7 Equalizer