Alright, so i'm putzing around on MusiciansFriend, looking for things I could put on my guitar (pups and such) and I come across a TonePros "Tune-O-Matic bridge".

What's the point of changing the bridge of the guitar? Is it worth the $100, or is it a waste of time?
You know, you're probably reading this saying "Hey, I'm bored, maybe this'll be funny?"
It's not. Too bad. No, I am not refunding you those 6 seconds of your life. So :P

I would only change the bridge if the one you have is a piece of rusty junk... I doubt it?

Most people would only buy a bridge for a build project, tbh.
So it's pretty much for looks, or does it actually affect your tone?
You know, you're probably reading this saying "Hey, I'm bored, maybe this'll be funny?"
It's not. Too bad. No, I am not refunding you those 6 seconds of your life. So :P

tonepros tune-o-matics are massively more awesome than other toms. thats one thing. basically, quality, and the quality of the bridge is a huge part of the tone of a guitar (unknown to most). So, lets say you get an alright guitar, with a plastic bridge (happens). so, you switch it out for one of those locking tonepros bridges, and tone suddenly rocks. SHAZAM!
dont take any guff from these bastards man

Quote by Fenderhippie69
I only smoke when I've been drinking and I only drink when I've been smoking.
It wouldn't really affect tone, though it would affect sustain, I guess?

I wouldn't really say it's for looks, it's for replacing old, or rusted, unusable bridges, or for putting onto a guitar that you are building.

^Locking Tonepro TOM? ^

^PLASTIC bridge? Dude, what type of guitar did you buy????^
the material of the bridge will affect tone. you'd probably change it if your current bridge sucks...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Mazzakazza
^Locking Tonepro TOM? ^

^PLASTIC bridge? Dude, what type of guitar did you buy????^

cheap epiphones! special II to be exact, first guitar. it feels AMAZING, and its easy to play, but the tone sucked. so, i threw in a spare gibson 500t i had laying around into the bridge, the neck pup sounded fine. then switched out the bridge for one of the tonepros bridges (giftcards!) and now it sounds decent.

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/TonePros-Standard-Locking-TuneomaticTailpiece-Set-small-postsnotched-saddles?sku=306141
dont take any guff from these bastards man

Quote by Fenderhippie69
I only smoke when I've been drinking and I only drink when I've been smoking.
Oh, like that. Right, I was thinking of something else and weirded out, ignore me.

But seriously, a plastic bridge? Holy hell, that's like something out of a nightmare.

And tbh, I've never really considered bridges affecting tone, but I'll take your words that they do. Makes sense.