I found a Roland Jazz Chorus 55 amp on Craigslist for $150, and sent a message to the person to see if it is still available...(it was listed a couple of days ago). I currently use a Fender Champion 600, but I have heard so many good things about the Jazz Chorus amps, that I think I should look into it. I use a Podxt for headphone playing, but I still like the sound from a real amp. We live in an apartment, so I do have to keep the sound down. Is this an appropriate amp to use at a lower sound level?

I have seen that some amps sound their best when the sound is cranked up, which in this case I would not be able to do. I am interested in this amp because I have heard that the cleans are supposed to sound quite impressive, and that is just what I am looking for. Again, I don't know if this amp is still available, I will see if I get a reply or not. I am wondering if this would be a good amp to pick-up for the price if it is still available...(once again used as a bedroom practice amp).

Thanks for any info...
Gear-
MIM Strat Standard
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra
Fender Champion 600 amp
Seagull Coastline S6 GT
Its ss so no problems

btw they REALLY sound badass
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
Well it is 120 watts, but you can keep it low and it will still sound very good. What kind of music do you like? Because if your playing metal or something like that, there's definitely better options for the same price.
it sounds fine at low volumes. but just remember, if you want any sort of distortion from your amp you need lo look elsewhere.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by The_Bosstone
Well it is 120 watts, but you can keep it low and it will still sound very good. What kind of music do you like? Because if your playing metal or something like that, there's definitely better options for the same price.

Actually the JC55 version is about 50watts (two 25 watt speakers). I'm more into rock, classic rock (Floyd, Clapton...) nothing too much into metal. I've also got some pedals, so that won't be an issue. I am happy with my Champ 600, just sounds like a very good deal at the moment. It would also be nice to have a second amp for my daughter who will be beginning to take lessons this week.
Gear-
MIM Strat Standard
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra
Fender Champion 600 amp
Seagull Coastline S6 GT
the jazz chorus amps are solid state so they tend to sound pretty decent at low to mid volumes.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
it will sound great.
in fact, it will even sound great with your pod.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.