Hello there I currently own a dsl401 and want to sell it because it just doesnt suit me, my budget is what ever i get from that. And looking on youtube the peavey bandit seems bloody versatile (something I need, from mellow funk, to screaming gary moore, to brutal metal) and seems to sound really good. I have heard that the older models with the sheffield speaker were better than the more recently produced ones, so I would try and get hold of one of them off ebay. Does anyone know roughly how much they would cost (sheffield one second hand)? And in general what does UG think of them, Im not a complete noob but I just dont think unless I spent about £2k I am going to get a tube amp that suits me.

So.... I'll leave it open to you
Music is the holy grail, sod wine water and the blood of jesus
its been 24 hours without any replies, so bump
im in the uk and no not really any shops and budget is price dsl sells for. i want to know bout the bandit anyone played or tried one?
I've got the new one, and all i can say is that it's brilliant. Very versatile amp, amazing cleans, good distortion, but the 'High Gain' channel is very VERY hard to get a nice tone out of, but i always use the 'Modern' channel as i find that to be the best universal sound for anything with a bit more distortion needed. And the distortion sounds very tube-like, no solid-state digitalness. Highly Recommended.
Archbishop of Zeppelinism...

Quote by Beakwithteeth
Get him into blues. Lyrical depth-not so much. But it is groovy and it is black people's music so if he doesn't enjoy then he is not a true black person.

my brother got one, and its the best solid state amp ive tried so far
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard