So I write songs and I do it on my acoustic guitar, and I got a new DigiTech Grunge Pedal and an OD-3 from my friend as well as a liquid chorus pedal from a used stuff sale. All of the stuff works great. My question is for a rock n roll band with a keys/guitar player, a lead guitar player, a rhythm guitar player, a bassist, and a drummer, would distortion be needed to make the sound fuller?

Thanks
you just witnessed the heart-stopping, door-locking, history makin, pants-droppin, earth-shakin, body quakin, lip-quivering, body-tickilin, love-makin fang
thanks, i was just unsure because the last band i was in was a cover band and we had work laid out for us.
you just witnessed the heart-stopping, door-locking, history makin, pants-droppin, earth-shakin, body quakin, lip-quivering, body-tickilin, love-makin fang
Depends on the song. If it's metal, you basicly have to have distortion, but if it's some kind of classic rock, you don't really need it. With good EQing you can probably even get away with a clean tone for something like, for example, Nirvana. Basically you need distortion if you're playing chuggy riffz or if you need a lot of sustain.
Quote by werty22
Depends on the song. If it's metal, you basicly have to have distortion, but if it's some kind of classic rock, you don't really need it. With good EQing you can probably even get away with a clean tone for something like, for example, Nirvana. Basically you need distortion if you're playing chuggy riffz or if you need a lot of sustain.

yea we play straight up rock n roll, like if Springsteen, Foo Fighters, The Killers, and Tom Petty had a kid. That kid is us I mean some stuff does have intentional distortion but I wanted to make sure we sounded full. Thanks