So i have a 6505+ and i noticed the foot switch has a midi cable. now could i swap the actual foot switch for a midi board? and with this midi board can it be used to turn on say a chorus pedal and switch to my clean channel at the same time, then if i hit another button the channel switches and delay pedal turns on? Or could it turn on 2 pedals and turn off 1 pedal and switch channels at the same time with the click of one of the buttons? Can i use just simple effects pedals with a midi controller? or do i have to go with rackmounts and a midi controller? and how would i set it all up? Paint picture diagram maybe?...lol thanks in advanced
Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major
MXR phase 90, Pigtronix Echolution 2
Digitech Whammy (5th gen)

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust
It is probably just a similar cable not an actual midi connection.

I have an amp that has uses a midi-like cable (DIN 5) for the floorboard but it is not a midi controller. One can even substitute a midi cable for it.

The DIN 5 connector is not exclusive to midi.
K so then how do i involve midi control pedals for effects on my amp?
Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust
thats correct, its just a DIN 5 cable. with a tradition TRS cable, you are limited with what you can control.
if you actually wanted to control things with the power of midi, you need a controller and processor.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
thats correct, its just a DIN 5 cable. with a tradition TRS cable, you are limited with what you can control.
if you actually wanted to control things with the power of midi, you need a controller and processor.

Yup, and this could get pretty expensive...
Quote by GNRjungle87
Yup, and this could get pretty expensive...

after i mentioned it i decided to research it.
it made me want one to use on tour this summer, i think it would work well with the band i will be with.
and then i realized i dont know how to begin setting it up, and its very expensive. but very cool.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
So is this a controller? Then what would a processor be? and what is it for? would the processor be what produces the effects? so would thaht be rackmount things? or just effect pedals?
Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust
Ok ... thanks so then you attach a foot controller to the processor and run your guitar signal through the processor then out to the amp? or do you put the processor in the effects loop?
Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust
processor would go in the loop.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by Ethanb08
K so then how do i involve midi control pedals for effects on my amp?

You need to do some research (start with the link that Zachman provided). You can control you amplifier functions with things like the Amp Gizmo from RJM Music Technologies or the CFX4 from Axess Electronics. Most rackmount guitar processors are Midi capable and provide a number of effects and features. Switching systems allow you to use Midi to control your signal routing so that you can take advantage of things like stomp boxes and additional preamps, it's kind of like having a bunch of effects loops that you program and control all with one touch of a button.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by Kendall
You need to do some research (start with the link that Zachman provided). You can control you amplifier functions with things like the Amp Gizmo from RJM Music Technologies or the CFX4 from Axess Electronics. Most rackmount guitar processors are Midi capable and provide a number of effects and features. Switching systems allow you to use Midi to control your signal routing so that you can take advantage of things like stomp boxes and additional preamps, it's kind of like having a bunch of effects loops that you program and control all with one touch of a button.

Yes... ALL killer recommendations (RJM, Axess Electronics)