Hey guys, I made a thread about this earlier but didnt get much help because people didnt know what kind of guitar I was talking about.

Anyways, I have a picture now of the guitar bridge.

Here's the story:
I changed my 10 guage strings to 9 guage for easier playability but now it's biting me in the ass. I had to raise the action considerably just to get decent sound but the buzz is still there. The action on my electric (ibanez sz720fm) is just as high as my acoustic and it makes playing a real pain.

Please, how can I fix this buzz without having to raise the bridge so much.
Quote by rich_sg
I've been here nearly 4 years now. I get no respect.

Quote by xCobainx
Respect in the pit?

Lol

Pink Floyd is The Best
Have you adjusted the truss rod? what areas of the fretboard buzz?
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
u positive it was fine with the 10's? I play with 11's and theyre as high as my acoustic, i just feel its comfortable to have all my guitars with the same action...if ur really uncomfortable, and dont want to take it to a pro to set it up, why dont you just move back to 10's? you'll get to the point where they feel very light
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
all strings buzz.... especially the thicker ones.... it just sounds like total crap. i dont like high action because i play solos and i lose alot of my speed the way it is now.
Quote by rich_sg

Quote by xCobainx
Respect in the pit?

Lol

Pink Floyd is The Best
Simple, check your relief. is there any? there needs to be a small amount or lots of buzzing will occur.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
click the green link in my sig. look at the first post.
measure relief and post back with results.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
click the green link in my sig. look at the first post.
measure relief and post back with results.

i looked at your link and i cannt understand what I have to udjust? what exactly do I do?
Quote by rich_sg

Quote by xCobainx
Respect in the pit?

Lol

Pink Floyd is The Best
from the thread. do this then post here wt answer. i didnt say to adjust.

Neck Relief
adjusting your neck
this is not action adjustment. that's done at the bridge.
a neck adjustment usually helps, when a bridge adj can't get the strings low enough , or if you have fretbuzz that doesn't go away wt bridge adjustment.

please dont turn your truss rod without posting first. but here's a good way to see if you might need a neck adjustment.

with a balanced bridge...
fret the Low E on the first fret. at the same time,
fret the Low E on the last fret, where the neck and body meet.

with both places held, look at the middle frets, 7-9th

if the string lays on the fret wire there, you probably dont have enough neck bend.
if the string is more than a credit cards thickness up from the wire there, you probably have too much.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011