Does anyone know where to get one? It's the type that's standard on the Schecter Synyster Gates custom guitars. I want to customize one of my old guitars, and I like the custom invaders. They're much more versatile then normal invaders, plus they can be coil-tapped for extremely good cleans, believe it or not. Unfortunately, I can't find them anywhere, the only ones I have been able to find are the normal invaders. Would I have to purchase them directly from Seymour Duncan or Schecter?

Any and all insight is much appreciated ^.^
Quote by RoamingConflict
In Soviet Russia, GAS deals with you.

Quote by Lumiere Rouge
A reviewer on Amazon.com reviewing an album by the band "HiM", said that HiM is "fag metal".
Can someone explain to me what is this sub genre of fag metal? I have never heard it before.
It would be wise to email them about it, becuase i cant find jack **** on this thing.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
Quote by Guitar Skater
the only thing custom on the syn schecter is the caps are crome and not oxide

i thought they were just wider,flat pole pieces, not caps on the syn gate custom?

Kinda like rockfield fatasses
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
No, I've seem them listed as Custom Seymour Duncan Invaders. They're different from normal invaders in that fact that they can be split.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Schecter-Synyster-Custom-Electric-Guitar-103945705-i1169285.gc

Guitar center link to the only guitar with those pups. On the Schecter site they're listed as Duncan Detonators, but I've previously emailed them and they said the guitar is equipped with Custom Seymour Duncan Invaders.
Quote by RoamingConflict
In Soviet Russia, GAS deals with you.

Quote by Lumiere Rouge
A reviewer on Amazon.com reviewing an album by the band "HiM", said that HiM is "fag metal".
Can someone explain to me what is this sub genre of fag metal? I have never heard it before.
Last edited by Mlrc at Jan 2, 2009,
Any humbucker can be split if it has 4-conductor wiring. The only difference appears to be the color.
Quote by metalwarrior40

The only thing custom about thoe invaders is the caps are of a different asthetic appearance.
Its to give the guitar more of that black and silver theme.
Nothing less and nothing more.

Most pickups that are made specialy for that guitar are called "Custom Wound"
So its clear what about them is customized.

The standard invader pickups can be coil tapped.
If you like them then buy them because they can be coil tapped as they have 4 conductor wiring.
Quote by forsaknazrael
In any case here, I think the most important thing to note is that Invader pickups suck, whether they're custom or not.

you have an epiphone g400 you have no room to criticize any kind of pickups, a standard invader has those big caps made from oxide and the ones on the syn custom are made from chrome
Quote by Josola
Mate its a duncan detonator from duncan designed its based on the invader but is better, http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/duncan-designed/cutting-edge-2/hb108/

No, anything "Duncan designed" is going to be worse than the genuine Duncan equivalent....which is an achievement in itself when considering the Invader.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Guitar Skater
you have an epiphone g400 you have no room to criticize any kind of pickups

Wat?

I don't find the G-400 pickups to be that bad..and how do you know he never changed them?
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Quote by Guitar Skater
you have an epiphone g400 you have no room to criticize any kind of pickups, a standard invader has those big caps made from oxide and the ones on the syn custom are made from chrome

Yeah, okay....

Except I have a pair of Seymour Duncan pickups in mine. And I'd still take the stock Epi pickups over the Invader. The Invader is just horrible. Muddy, too high output, just an unbalanced pickup.

And they can't be chrome, they have to be a ferrous metal. They might be chrome plated...but that's it.
Quote by chuckflan333
Wat?

I don't find the G-400 pickups to be that bad..and how do you know he never changed them?

Id prefer the G-400s over Invaders myself.

The G-400s pickups are more versatile as the invade is to be in all honest opinions,
harsh on clean, Muddy on distortion, and punishes your ears in comparison of other humbuckers for that price range.

And as the poster above mentioned they arent chrome, as chrome wouldn't work as a magnetic pole.
....oh and.....

Kupo.
Last edited by [[BurnTheDusk]] at Jan 2, 2009,
pickups are all about preference, saying it sucks is your opinion, most of you dont even have expeirence with playing this certain pickup and finding a sound with it, i have the invaders in 3 guitars and they work just well for me, getting crystal clear tone with proper EQ is not a problem
Yeah, the 'custom' Invaders just had chrome-plated or white-painted hex bolts.. that was it. The characteristics were the same - ie. terrible.
Quote by Guitar Skater
pickups are all about preference, saying it sucks is your opinion, most of you dont even have expeirence with playing this certain pickup and finding a sound with it, i have the invaders in 3 guitars and they work just well for me, getting crystal clear tone with proper EQ is not a problem

Or maybe your ear is broken.
lol idk ill go check my ears at the doctors office and ill tell you the results!

i put 2 invaders in my esp today, and i think it was the best decision ive made, upgrading from fake emgs
alot of things are better than fake EMGs, but Invaders are too muddy for me. I played them in an RG type, through a nice valve amp, they sounded like crap no matter how they were EQ'd.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Dont forget that he actually uses a Stustainator In the neck (is that what there called?) And with the amps effects he's got, he could mae a Samick sound like bliss.

Then again....
Lets not dream ok? lol
Quote by forsaknazrael
In any case here, I think the most important thing to note is that Invader pickups suck, whether they're custom or not.

you should really go out and actually try an invader they are great pickups if you eq them correctly, and splitting them do give great cleans..

the only thing TS is that they are very high output pickups making them muddy but like i said just eq them correctly and you've got a beaut pickup
Bands I've seen:
Jet
Metallica
Lamb of God
Baroness
A Day To Remember
Underoath
Northlane
In The Walls
Saints Alight
Live As A Monster
Bleach The Skies
Red Ribbon Army
The Amity Affliction
Madisonfoxx
Buried In Verona
custom invaders have bigger magnets, so they have more 'fatness'. I think Syn tries to get that Les Paul fatness combined with the modern high gain sound with his custom invaders.

Ive played a Syn custom, guys it doesn't sound muddy at all really.... don't judge. A lot better than the syn standard with standard invaders.... a lot.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
^I've tried it to. Again, maybe your definition of great tone, is my definition of muddy. And I know I trust my ear a whole hell of a lot more than any of yours.

Quote by dave2233
you should really go out and actually try an invader they are great pickups if you eq them correctly, and splitting them do give great cleans..

the only thing TS is that they are very high output pickups making them muddy but like i said just eq them correctly and you've got a beaut pickup

Maybe you should stop assuming I haven't tried them?
And if you think they have great cleans....
Quote by Guitar Skater

But he also has a Traynor: YCV40.
Thus his G-400 will sound great either way plus he has duncans in there :P.
"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."
Quote by Night_Lights
custom invaders have bigger magnets, so they have more 'fatness'. I think Syn tries to get that Les Paul fatness combined with the modern high gain sound with his custom invaders.

Ive played a Syn custom, guys it doesn't sound muddy at all really.... don't judge. A lot better than the syn standard with standard invaders.... a lot.

They have slightly bigger hex bolt pole pieces, to focus the flux.. but the magnets are the same.
Quote by strummin123
Dont forget that he actually uses a Stustainator In the neck (is that what there called?) And with the amps effects he's got, he could mae a Samick sound like bliss.

Then again....
Lets not dream ok? lol

yeah some times he uses a sustaniac, but he hasnt completely switched to them, and some how they sound just like the invader. it must be the way he picks because i can get a syn. tone with my invader neck no problem