Into my toilet. Just now. I got up to put my hoodie back on and the phone fell form the pocket into the toilet.

I got it out thankfully. The only issues seem to be in two buttons. The A key and the left button on th QWERT keyboard. otherwise it APPEARS to be ok.

Does anyone know if theres a way to fix these keys/whether it will ficx itself over time? the issue is that both just seem to issue nonsense when i hit them. A sends one of each letter in that row and the menu key jumps around a bit but otherwise seems to work fine.

I have the RANT if it helps anyone

inb4 im a retard
Quote by wannabe jesus
If we did tune using the 5th fret on the G string it'd be a C. At the moment it goes G B which stands for George Bush. So obviously GB doesn't want you to C the truth! To the conspiracy cave!
fail

but try putting it inside a warm oven the dry air will be the best chance of fixing it also try a dehumidifier. i did that with a keyboard i dropped water on
Quote by Andr00
fail

but try putting it inside a warm oven the dry air will be the best chance of fixing it also try a dehumidifier. i did that with a keyboard i dropped water on

would a hair dryer or something work no way in hell im putting this in my oven

i found a new problem that means if i cant fix it i NEEDA say something: it wont charge
Quote by wannabe jesus
If we did tune using the 5th fret on the G string it'd be a C. At the moment it goes G B which stands for George Bush. So obviously GB doesn't want you to C the truth! To the conspiracy cave!
If you have a bag of dessicant (like in a shoebox) you can put the phone in a jar with the packet. It will basically suck out all the water.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Take out the battery and let it dry for 48 hours, even if it seems to work ok the water might not have reached the sensitive parts yet. Heat isn't that great of an idea since you might end up burning or melting something.
Quote by stradivari310
If you have a bag of dessicant (like in a shoebox) you can put the phone in a jar with the packet. It will basically suck out all the water.

Kind of like a prostitute. It will literally suck all the moisture out of it.
█████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████
Portugal. The Man »–
sell it to your little sister.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

,___,
[¬.¬]
/)__)
-"--"-

Quote by FishCream
Stop Performing Meathook Sodomy On Yourself
Quote by atla18
Into my toilet. Just now. I got up to put my hoodie back on and the phone fell form the pocket into the toilet.

You strip down when you drop dueces?

Anyways, the most important thing is to take out your battery and your SIM card (if you have one)

Yeah my friend went swimming with his phone and she used her hair dryer to fix it.
Quote by LostBullet

Anyways, the most important thing is to take out your battery and your SIM card (if you have one)

i dont strip down i just took my hoodie off and when i went to put it back on

that soudned really weird now that i think of it but still just the hoodie cause it was irritating
Quote by wannabe jesus
unfortunately, sprint doesn't have sim cards, as it is a piece of **** service. goddamn i hate sprint...
Quote by smb
Freakish mammals bring the end times. It's not even 2012 yet and we're all on the path to extinction. Send cash now to God-TV!
Quote by atla18

Yeah my friend went swimming with his phone and she used her hair dryer to fix it.

+1
LOL, My dad's friend droped his phone into a toilet and pee-ed on it and just left it there! The funniest part is that it was at his work!
Stratocasters=

Quote by reb_49
You all seem to be confused a quite bit, let me put this down into these simple words: Music Is Always Evolving, The Problem Is That People Aren't

Favorite Guitarists -
Jimi Hendrix
Joe Perry
Jimmy Page
rice
"Bullshit is the glue that binds this nation together."
-George Carlin

The Human Fund: $0.00
PM me to donate
Quote by atla18

Did his phone ever stop working for her again?
my friend just used a hair dryer after she dropped it in a puddle and it came back to life.
try that before you put it in the oven
if you can, open it up (back plate) then set it somewhere were no one will move it, maybe in the sun, and towel dry it softly,then let it dry for like 50-60 hours

it happened to my mp3 player
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
Quote by jimivancobain
unfortunately, sprint doesn't have sim cards, as it is a piece of **** service. goddamn i hate sprint...

I hate sprint too!

Got my 5th phone in the last year today. hopefully this one will work for more than a couple months.
P.L.U.R.

We'll choke on our vomit and that will be the end

We were fated to pretend
Quote by jimivancobain

i like sprint. ive had AT&T and it sucks, T-mobile gets no service in my area. basically where i live unless your verizon or sprint you get ass service. and sprint gets better service because all the schools wireless phone and walky-talky systems are on sprint wirreless servers so sprint gets service everywhere in the high school

i took it apart as much as i could. the back, the abttery, and the phone are just lying on my counter. gonna dry out for a day with no poewr and hope it works. if not, i think we got insurance on the phone anyway.i already tried drying ti w/ a hair dryer but it didnt seem to work.

a recap on the issues seem to be 3 or so keys on the QWERT keyboard that, when you hit them, do a slew of stupid ****. but otherwise i dont see any problems with the keys

the charger port doesnt work. the speaker is crackly.

we have insurance so we'll probably just replace it and transfer all my info over.
Quote by wannabe jesus
Quote by LostBullet

i do

<.<

>.>

anyhoo on topic, SHUT IT OFF and put it in a bowl of dry rice for like a day
NOPE
i get ok service unless im in a building. dude, texting in the school for me is a bitch. i have no bars at all if i'm in a big building. the other thing that also sucks about sprint is that picture mail is an add on, and so is internet. jesus im tired of pm messages when i can't look at them!
Quote by smb
Freakish mammals bring the end times. It's not even 2012 yet and we're all on the path to extinction. Send cash now to God-TV!
We should start a group for people who dropped their phones in the toilet.

I did the same thing about two days after I got it last year. Brand new BlackBerry Pearl 8130.

I feel your pain, TS.
Quote by OzarkMDaredevil
I masturbationed on my bus driver.
Quote by bob farrell
This man speaks the truth. Pleez to be videoing your horrific death kthxbai.
Quote by jimivancobain
i get ok service unless im in a building. dude, texting in the school for me is a bitch. i have no bars at all if i'm in a big building. the other thing that also sucks about sprint is that picture mail is an add on, and so is internet. jesus im tired of pm messages when i can't look at them!

picture mail is the only pain. i dont bother with teh interwebz. im just sick of telling people "hey i cant get picture mail what was so funny in that pic"

or god forbid your girlfriend tries to send ya something "fun" and then has to eithercompletely forget it or send it to your email -.-
Quote by wannabe jesus
you need lighter fluid and a lighter.. and a hand

to set your phone alight.. you must stand your phone up when its on fire..

it wont work

but it's the only way to do it.,
Rumor FTW
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
Quote by atla18
picture mail is the only pain. i dont bother with teh interwebz. im just sick of telling people "hey i cant get picture mail what was so funny in that pic"

or god forbid your girlfriend tries to send ya something "fun" and then has to eithercompletely forget it or send it to your email -.-

God I know I always get that problem.

God forbid your phone ****s up and sprint doesn't have sim cards so you have to buy a 200 dollar phone.

Also, there customer service is ****.
They've hung up on me twice already and all I want to do is activate my new phone.
P.L.U.R.

We were fated to pretend
This one time i was masturbating and dropped my ipod touch down the toilet..

Let's just say every time you press the home button, a little bit of pee squirts out..
Porobably been said alraedy but, dismantle it and put it in a bowl full of rice for about 1 day.
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

Quote by Adam124
This one time i was masturbating and dropped my ipod touch down the toilet..

Let's just say every time you press the home button, a little bit of pee squirts out..
oh wow

Quote by punkrocker10115
God I know I always get that problem.

God forbid your phone ****s up and sprint doesn't have sim cards so you have to buy a 200 dollar phone.

Also, there customer service is ****.
They've hung up on me twice already and all I want to do is activate my new phone.

ive enver had that issue. i broke my last phone twice. broke it once, got it replaced, broke it again and we never bothered to replace it. the screen cracked (my dfault) and now this one

just get the insurance, go to your sprintstore, and hand it to them. XD
Quote by wannabe jesus
Quote by atla18
oh wow

ive enver had that issue. i broke my last phone twice. broke it once, got it replaced, broke it again and we never bothered to replace it. the screen cracked (my dfault) and now this one

just get the insurance, go to your sprintstore, and hand it to them. XD

The only problem is that the nearest sprint store is 30 minutes away.
P.L.U.R.

We were fated to pretend
Quote by punkrocker10115
The only problem is that the nearest sprint store is 30 minutes away.

mine is the local mall. albeit the local mall is a hike of a walk and requires going on a highway. the nearest verizon store is almost literally up the street but it happens to be a very, very, VERY long street.

but both are definitely accessible
Quote by wannabe jesus