http://peavey.com/products/browse.cfm/action/detail/item/116535/Bandit(R)%20112.cfm

its similar to that, except the speaker is 115. it isnt my amp, as i cant afford an amp, but its the amp i use in my band, it actually has a really deep low end, and pretty good highs..

what are the chances of wrecking that thing with a bass (when playing 75-100% volume with lead, of course)
My Rig:
Yamaha RBX 375 bass
Peavey Millenium BXP bass (won at Summer Slaughter 2010, signed by all the bands)
Eden Nemesis NC410 320w combo amp
Check out Tyrannicide, my death/thrash metal band:
http://www.myspace.com/tyrannicidemetal
about 100%
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Quote by TheTortured
http://peavey.com/products/browse.cfm/action/detail/item/116535/Bandit(R)%20112.cfm

its similar to that, except the speaker is 115. it isnt my amp, as i cant afford an amp, but its the amp i use in my band, it actually has a really deep low end, and pretty good highs..

what are the chances of wrecking that thing with a bass (when playing 75-100% volume with lead, of course)

I've never seen a guitar amp with 115.. Numbered list time!

1) It's actually 112 and you just can't measure.
2) You're using a plain ol' Peavety monitor.
3) You lucked out and you're actually using a bass amp.

If it IS indeed a guitar amp, I demand sound clips of the tone you love so much. That and I wanna laugh when I hear the speaker explode.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
Hmmm...."12” Blue Marvel(R) speaker." They also use the "Blue Marvel" speakers in their small bass combo amps. Might just be a generic name for the speakers and have different styles/sizes of "Blue Marvel" speakers for different purposes though.
Quote by Micehorns
Hmmm...."12” Blue Marvel(R) speaker." They also use the "Blue Marvel" speakers in their small bass combo amps. Might just be a generic name for the speakers and have different styles/sizes of "Blue Marvel" speakers for different purposes though.

My old Peavey practice amp(guitar) uses Blue Marvel.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
It'll work for alittle, but eventually, the things blowing.

I wanna ask though, what if you take a guitar head, and put it into a bass cab? Logically it should work, but idk?
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
It'll work, but the EQ won't result in a good sound.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
It'll work, but the EQ won't result in a good sound.

Not worried about good, just not hurting anything. You see, my friend has a half stack (guitar) and just a bass cab, and instead of lugging my stuff, I'd rather just do that for jam sessions.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I've never seen a guitar amp with 115.. Numbered list time!

1) It's actually 112 and you just can't measure.
2) You're using a plain ol' Peavety monitor.
3) You lucked out and you're actually using a bass amp.

If it IS indeed a guitar amp, I demand sound clips of the tone you love so much. That and I wanna laugh when I hear the speaker explode.

its a guitar amp, i dont remember what the name is, but on the pic, where it says 112, on the amp i'm using it says 115

but yes its at my buddies house and he's away for a few days, iunno when i'll be there next to record its tone
My Rig:
Yamaha RBX 375 bass
Peavey Millenium BXP bass (won at Summer Slaughter 2010, signed by all the bands)
Eden Nemesis NC410 320w combo amp
Check out Tyrannicide, my death/thrash metal band:
http://www.myspace.com/tyrannicidemetal
I used to use a really old Bandit in school, and it did actually sound pretty good. I pushed to it's limits quite a few times, and there was no sign of the signal breaking up whatsoever.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
i calculate a 150% chance it will break
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
i've got a valvestate 80W combo, and i use this for practising....but it's likely to break if i crank it, right? Its got a 15 inch speaker in there, which is larger than alot of bass speakers....is there something else in the speaker makeup thatll make this unsuitable?
Drive me home Jeeves
Well, they make Blue Marvel 15" guitar speakers. This means that the speaker isn't designed for bass frequencies, it's just bigger and deeper.

To both you and the OP.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
SOUNDCLIPS. NAO.

Thank you. :P
I don't know what I'm doing, but I still do it anyway...

Just for the lulz.
Quote by GarlicBread
i've got a valvestate 80W combo, and i use this for practising....but it's likely to break if i crank it, right? Its got a 15 inch speaker in there, which is larger than alot of bass speakers....is there something else in the speaker makeup thatll make this unsuitable?

The speaker still isn't made for bass frequencies. Low frequencies will still damage it. It will just give guitar a deeper voicing.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1