Okay, I just bought this amp yesterday and I've already read the manual and one thing I have noticed is that I can't get a CLEAN to save my life. All I want is a simple clean sound and I can't seem to get one at all. Do you know how to?
turn down the gain
Gear
Schecter C1 Hellraiser FR
1967 Ventura Les Paul Copy
Marshall JCM 2000 Dual Super Lead
hmm.. maybe hit the button that says preset, and turn the knob and listen to the different amp models.. find one you like and turn down the gain. hope that helps.
Turn down gain, level off all EQ and turn off reverb.
Rip Kylee Harris 4.13.93-11.28.08
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
tell him that he is the drummer and that his opinions are invalid

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

Quote by alex0203
Okay, I just bought this amp yesterday and I've already read the manual and one thing I have noticed is that I can't get a CLEAN to save my life. All I want is a simple clean sound and I can't seem to get one at all. Do you know how to?

As another poster said go to valvetronix.net and voxamps.com you will find lots of info by people who are using these amps. I had the same problem at first with my VT30 it was simply a matter of learning the controls and how they respond in each model, now I can't get enough of the clean sounds, they are great.

A great way to start is by studying the factory preset settings then go from there, it helps you understand the amp alot. To do this as the manual says, pick a preset then one at a time turn gain, volume, treble, mid, and bass, stopping when the preset led goes out...those are that preset's factory settings. If it's too crunchy, try each knob one at a time and listen carefully to the response, it comes together from there. The models reflect the originals to some extent, ie on some the EQ settings affects the overall gain, some the volume does too.

Also, I've noticed the amp smooths out a bit after the speaker is broken in.
My Stuff:
Austin Strat Copy - Lefty
(New and Improved with Bill Lawrence 290/280 Pickups)
MIM Telecaster - Lefty
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
TS-9 with a few mods
Dunlop GCB-95 Wah