how would this setup work? I'd be running a 15 watt crate V1512 class a tube amp..
would this sound crappy? i mean i'd rather spend 300 for a new POD XT or cheaper on fleabay and get hundreds of realistic sounding amp tones and cabs than spend 1000 on a nice combo..
Last edited by LSC300 at Jan 1, 2009,
You would plug the guitar into the POD and the POD into the amp.

/thread
Rip Kylee Harris 4.13.93-11.28.08
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
tell him that he is the drummer and that his opinions are invalid

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

Quote by thementor
You would plug the guitar into the POD and the POD into the amp.

/thread

no shit? how would this sound is what im asking
Quote by LSC300
no shit? how would this sound is what im asking

It would sound like a pod plugged into an amp.... Am I missing something?

EDIT: Btw, don't get snippy when someone gives an obvious sarcastic answer to the obvious question you aked and not the question you MEANT to ask but didn't.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
Quote by Shirate
It would sound like a pod plugged into an amp.... Am I missing something?

EDIT: Btw, don't get snippy when someone gives an obvious sarcastic answer to the obvious question you aked and not the question you MEANT to ask but didn't.

Uh maybe people should read deeper into just the "so duz i plug it in to da amp or da guitars first?!!!"

i'll make things much simpler because it seems like most people on UG aren't very smart at these things

Is this going to cause the Pod to sound different than it would just straight through a USB to computer and recording software? Is it safe to gig with if the opportunity arises? What about plugging the Pod into a P.A? Is the sound going to warm up because of the tube "power amp?"
do you mean use the pod as a preamp and then use your amps poweramp?

if so why?

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Yes, it'll sound different than using the USB connection. It would be safe to gig with. Plugging into a PA would work. It'll warm up a little bit.

Hope that helped.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by LSC300
Uh maybe people should read deeper into just the "so duz i plug it in to da amp or da guitars first?!!!"

i'll make things much simpler because it seems like most people on UG aren't very smart at these things

Is this going to cause the Pod to sound different than it would just straight through a USB to computer and recording software? Is it safe to gig with if the opportunity arises? What about plugging the Pod into a P.A? Is the sound going to warm up because of the tube "power amp?"

dude.....you really dont want to get an attitude on this forum and then expect an intelligent response.

plus, think about it:

it will DEFINITELY sound different. i mean seriously, your using a real amp this time. the amp will have it's own characteristics that will show through.

it will be safe to gig with if you like the sound

pods sound great through a PA. that is what my church uses. two pods through a PA system and not exaggerating, it sounds great.

try it for yourself. it wont harm anything.

good luck!
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
well like i was sayin..i would much rather spend 200-300 on a pod where i can get all of these great tones..more than one..that have been shown sound good, i mean the POD XT pro is on tons of records..than buy a 1500 dollar amp that can do maybe 3 good tones depending on the amp..the way i see it..is that why not use a great tube combo with TONS of headroom and use the pod as the power amp? just plug it in the input, turn the gain down, turn the eq down to 0's and use the pod as the preamp
Quote by bored_maniac33
dude.....you really dont want to get an attitude on this forum and then expect an intelligent response.

plus, think about it:

it will DEFINITELY sound different. i mean seriously, your using a real amp this time. the amp will have it's own characteristics that will show through.

it will be safe to gig with if you like the sound

pods sound great through a PA. that is what my church uses. two pods through a PA system and not exaggerating, it sounds great.

try it for yourself. it wont harm anything.

good luck!

i apologize..its just those stupid sarcastic, "ya plug it in to the input and the guitar into the pod" responses that drive me nuts.. i want a good tone.. but more than one! and looking at the pod, and knowing about the pod, it can deliver..but i wanted to know his how colored the tone is gonna be using my tube amp..
Quote by LSC300

K, 1. the POD is safe to use for gigging as it was designed to be a multi-effects pedal. 2 Yes, it will sound differently through your amp than when plugged into your computer, your amp and cab add there own sonic qualities to the mix. 3. It is possible, and recommended, to plug the POD straight into a PA, that way you get more of the true sound of the modeled amp, as the PA speakers will not alter the tone as much as an amp will. Satisfied?
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
you would plug the pod into the FX return jack of your amp. by going this route, you essentially bypass all the EQ and preamp of the amp and go straight to the power section.

although you're buying a pod for kind of the wrong reasons. I have a pod XT and it kicks a lot of ass.. but its definitely not a substitute for the amps it models itself after.

that said however, you can still get loads of wicked sounds with a set like that. in fact lots of musicians go the way of digital preamp like a PodXT or a rocktron Prophesy into a tube poweramp out to their favorite cabinet. you just get tones of room for tweaking

and to answer the question above about sounding different thru a computer or headphones compared to plugging into the amp..

YES it will sound VERY different. when you set the pod up to work with an amp, it turns off the mic modelling section giving you a direct tone, rather than the cabinet and mic modelling you get when you plug in a set of headphones directly to the pod.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Last edited by Kivarenn82 at Jan 1, 2009,
Quote by LSC300
i apologize..its just those stupid sarcastic, "ya plug it in to the input and the guitar into the pod" responses that drive me nuts.. i want a good tone.. but more than one! and looking at the pod, and knowing about the pod, it can deliver..but i wanted to know his how colored the tone is gonna be using my tube amp..

its all good man
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by Kivarenn82
you would plug the pod into the FX return jack of your amp. by going this route, you essentially bypass all the EQ and preamp of the amp and go straight to the power section.

although you're buying a pod for kind of the wrong reasons. I have a pod XT and it kicks a lot of ass.. but its definitely not a substitute for the amps it models itself after.

that said however, you can still get loads of wicked sounds with a set like that. in fact lots of musicians go the way of digital preamp like a PodXT or a rocktron Prophesy into a tube poweramp out to their favorite cabinet. you just get tones of room for tweaking

and to answer the question above about sounding different thru a computer or headphones compared to plugging into the amp..

YES it will sound VERY different. when you set the pod up to work with an amp, it turns off the mic modelling section giving you a direct tone, rather than the cabinet and mic modelling you get when you plug in a set of headphones directly to the pod.

wow! thanks for the great response..see i don't need to spend a ton of money on a new amp...i dont think i'll do much gigging..maybe light recording..but i want huge versatility and great tones..and alas, being a 15 watter class a, no effects loop :P
It works great with my Valve junior. No fx loop there either. It's my go to practice setup. If you have fairly decent cleans you should like it.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by LSC300
wow! thanks for the great response..see i don't need to spend a ton of money on a new amp...i dont think i'll do much gigging..maybe light recording..but i want huge versatility and great tones..and alas, being a 15 watter class a, no effects loop :P

ah you'll need some way of getting to the poweramp section. the FX return is the easiest way to do this.

but the pod also has settings for when you're using it in the front of the amp (the jack you'd just plug the guitar into) such as tone correction by being able to shift your lows and highs as well as what frequency you want your mids to be presented at most.

by doing this, it'd probably be easiest to just leave all your amp settings dead in the middle for a flat accurate response.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by scott58
It works great with my Valve junior. No fx loop there either. It's my go to practice setup. If you have fairly decent cleans you should like it.

yeah this amp was for sure made for cleans i have HUGE amounts of headroom..
Go for it. Chances are it's going to be better then all the hybrids that get raved about here.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD