Ok this is going to seem very confusing and it is for me so try and understand

I want to start recording my solo metal project and im kinda confused with a few things.
Equipment:
Fruity loops 8
Reaper
Toneport gx
Bugera 6260 n cab
Shure sm57.

I plan to make the drum loops in fruityloops 8, export the loops into reaper. Then i will record the guitar by using the shure sm57 with a xl to jack cable, into the toneport gx into reaper?
I was thinking that the toneport could be my mixer if ya get me?
Once the guitar n bass is recorded over the drum loops and mixed, id export that into fruity loops again to add keys/strings.
the i would finalize this and take to my friends house because he has a nice condenser mic n equipment and record the vocals over the song.
Is this possible and can be done?

Is the order of recording right?
Any better ways of getting drums?
Things i should perhaps invest in?
Can the toneport be used like this?

lol

Confusing i know

Thx in advance
Quote by XGhacker
1) OMG THE LEAD SINGER OF IRON MAIDEN RAPES HIS SON!!!
Bruce Dick-in-son
Plan the song out and put everything you can in with one program, then export and move to the next program. This save you the time of jumping around and rendering down which also may cause glitches if you do it enough.

The Toneport is an interface, not a mixer but yes it will work with an XLR to TRS cable and the 57. Just expect the 57 to need a lot of gain and turning the preamp on the GX up a lot will causes some noise being its a cheaper interface.

Overall I would probably invest in a better interface that offers XLR inputs as well as instrument DI ports such as the PreSonus Inspire 1394 or EMU 0202 USB.
Quote by moody07747
Plan the song out and put everything you can in with one program, then export and move to the next program. This save you the time of jumping around and rendering down which also may cause glitches if you do it enough.

The Toneport is an interface, not a mixer but yes it will work with an XLR to TRS cable and the 57. Just expect the 57 to need a lot of gain and turning the preamp on the GX up a lot will causes some noise being its a cheaper interface.

Overall I would probably invest in a better interface that offers XLR inputs as well as instrument DI ports such as the PreSonus Inspire 1394 or EMU 0202 USB.

Thx alot man thats helped me quite abit
Quote by XGhacker
Bruce Dick-in-son
im sure you can record it all on fl
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL
Quote by hans the lefty
im sure you can record it all on fl

Guitar is really crappy in FL, its horrible infact
Quote by XGhacker
Bruce Dick-in-son