Page 1 of 2
So it seems like my band has finally gotten up off the ground to the point where its pretty serious to all of us. We just recorded cd, have a bunch of shows, making merch etc.
Heres my problem:
Female singer + My best friend (male) guitarist really like each other and want a relationship.
I'd have no problems if we weren't in a band, but yea..
Is it really that bad? And if so, what do i say that could stop anything from happening without making me look like a douche?
Quote by pengiunman
Hahaha you crack me up swansareroadkil.

:can't think of a smiley to put, your too cool:
It will happen no matter what you say/do, if it's going to happen.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
Tell them, they either have a relationship or they're in the band together. Honestly, if they break up, most of the time, the band breaks up. Bad idea for them to date...But give them an ultimatum, being a douche is the logical way out of this. You're not being a douche either
well lemme tell you something...You're ****ed. just let it happen. it will whether you like it or not so just let it be
Blondie made it work.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
RED MILITIA FACTION
my girlfriend is in my band.

she was in it before we started dating. so far, it's worked fine.
we just agreed that during practices/shows/anything like that having to do with the band, we had to pretend we weren't dating and just focus on the music.

it's worked fine so far.

also, the band is really important to us, so if we break up, we agreed to just keep going with the band, since we already kept it separate from our relationship in the first place.
Fleetwood mac?
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
so what you're saying is that, after getting out of the water naked with 5+ guys, you thought that once the girls were around you had better get some clothes on?

For the band, I would tell them straight up to not even attempt.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
this is the pit...um....

rape them...

no wait...

cum blood....

no...

tell her he cums blood....

or just ignore me.....
Quote by dm1925
texas ftw!
we're saving the world, one zombie at a time

Quote by ThePastRecedes
Yo Bob Dylan, I'm really happy for you an I'm gonna let you finish, but Jimi Hendrix had one of the best versions of All Along the Watchtower of all time!
the white stripes manage
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
if it interfiers with the way you function as a band, then do something. but if you all can still work well together, just forget about it...
Be still my heart, I hear your back cracking...

...sounds like music to me
You're screwed. You can't tell them not to, and they will break up eventually.

Just hope they don't go out and you're fine.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Maybe they could date and you could occasionally join them on romantic weekend getaways. Isn't that a great idea, Pit?

80th best UGer
no yoko

EDIT:
Quote by Joshrocker48
This reminds of a Flight of the Conchords episode.

No Yoko!

damn beaten
"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."
Bout' all you can do is sit back, don't get in the middle of it, and enjoy the show.

-Edit-
Oh, and don't be afraid to make a few contacts with other bands in case the worst happens.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Last edited by Garou1911 at Jan 1, 2009,
Quote by mustangrobert13
Maybe they could date and you could occasionally join them on romantic weekend getaways. Isn't that a great idea, Pit?

that's a terrific idea!
just let them do it, if anything it should make them work together better.

Or if not, then if they break up just try to keep the band together and have them be friends.

In Epica, the singer was the guitarists girlfriend before the band started
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
Quote by Babbs
my girlfriend is in my band.

she was in it before we started dating. so far, it's worked fine.
we just agreed that during practices/shows/anything like that having to do with the band, we had to pretend we weren't dating and just focus on the music.

it's worked fine so far.

also, the band is really important to us, so if we break up, we agreed to just keep going with the band, since we already kept it separate from our relationship in the first place.

This sounds like the best thing. However, I don't know whether or not your friends are mature enough for this kind of solution, in which case the best thing you can do is record CDs like no tomorrow so you have a lot before the band breaks up.
Quote by Jackintehbox
This man knows his beverages.
Quote by 7daycrisis
^somebody get this man 30 million dollars.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I think I love you. I consider you a prominent UGer.
Quote by Stormx
90.200.36.223 is my IP. Try me.
BAD IDEA.

Tell them that either they can date, or they can stay in the band.

If you have to fire them or they quit, at least you have the rest of your band and you can find replacements.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by Primus2112
BAD IDEA.

Tell them that either they can date, or they can stay in the band.

If you have to fire them or they quit, at least you have the rest of your band and you can find replacements.

Which would make it hilarious if they're a trio.
BRIAN. SCHNEIDER.
Bring two random people (they don't have to play instruments, just say they do) and tell the people dating that those are their replacements.
Quote by severed-metal
I like your quick thinking ways, you've saved my life from disaster. Off I go to get off!

Quote by Xiaoxi
I thought your favorite song was Pantera.

Quote by Jackolas
I genuinely died laughing. RIP.
Quote by EyeOfThePantera
Bring two random people (they don't have to play instruments, just say they do) and tell the people dating that those are their replacements.

This actually sounds like a good idea. Tell your friends that you're kicking them out and show them their replacements, wait until they freak out, and then tell them your demands.
Quote by Jackintehbox
This man knows his beverages.
Quote by 7daycrisis
^somebody get this man 30 million dollars.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I think I love you. I consider you a prominent UGer.
Quote by Stormx
90.200.36.223 is my IP. Try me.
Quote by monkeysintheday
Which would make it hilarious if they're a trio.

True.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Who knows, maybe it will work. But then they will become John Lennon, minus the murdered part.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Quote by Ibanez49
you cant change the power of love

You can if your a communist dictator!
Quote by severed-metal
I like your quick thinking ways, you've saved my life from disaster. Off I go to get off!

Quote by Xiaoxi
I thought your favorite song was Pantera.

Quote by Jackolas
I genuinely died laughing. RIP.
Quote by TheHobbit
Fleetwood mac?

Yeah, exactly what I was thinking.....

But when they were dating and then broke up, they created some of their most popular songs.... ie Go Your Own Way.
Let them date, and then when they break up, write a top-selling album about it. Then get really famous so the girl quits and starts making ****ty pop music.

/nodoubt
kill all humans
scout for another vocal... your gonna need it
Quote by hell_monkey
Lmao pantera? you'd think obama listened to some tupac or something
if its gonna happen, then you're prolly ****ed. but if they start going out, it might help the overall chemistry of the band. until days where shes menstruating and they are fighting
DECRESCENDO
Quote by classrock77
ever heard of Fleetwood mac? haha

yea..singer goes off with drummer, tries to come back, splits.. fail.
=BROLY - HIS POWER IS MAXIMUM=
Page 1 of 2