Would it be better to get the 112 or 212? Is it worth extra cash to get 212 because I dont need a loud amp yet.

Also are tube amps better to use effects pedals versus using them with a solid state?
No. 112 would be better. Valveking sounds better loud, and chances are you will never turn the volume up past 4 on the 212.

And it's cheaper.

So... better sound, better price... What more can you ask?
Rip Kylee Harris 4.13.93-11.28.08
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
tell him that he is the drummer and that his opinions are invalid

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

Quote by IbanezMan65
Would it be better to get the 112 or 212? Is it worth extra cash to get 212 because I dont need a loud amp yet.

Also are tube amps better to use effects pedals versus using them with a solid state?

It's not like the 1x12 is significantly quieter than a 2x12...

The VK is a budget amp, I wouldn't spend more on it than the 1x12 costs.
I have the 212 and I will tell you it is very loud. The combo is also pretty heavy. If you plan on moving it around, just keep in mind that the 212 is about 70 lbs.

But if you want loud it's got plenty of that for you. If you don't need loud (and the 112 is plenty loud enough) then I would go for the 112. Just my 2 cents.
SOrry to bring this thread up again but what do the extra presence and resonance knobs on the 212 do?
The 221 does have a few more features - mainly resonance and presence knobs. In YOUR case, I'd go with the 112. Cheaper, lighter, and more suitable for at home practicing.

Tubes GENERALLY sound better than solid state amps.

(throws flameshield up)