Me and a fellow UGer (who happens to be sitting next to me) have been debating on the origin of the phrase "How now brown cow" in Courage the Cowardly Dog.

Of course, 'twas not originally from the show but...

As I remember, there was a character who was cursed or something, and when he uttered the phrase, he turned to stone. Or something.

However, my friend does not remember.

Clarify! GOGOGO
TOO MANY PUPPIES

Soda sucks.
Although the exact origins of the phrase are unclear, it can be dated to at least 1942 in the United States. In February of that year the Maryland newspaper The Capital mentioned the phrase when discussing a famous thespian's voice:

Laird Cregar, now contributing his booming voice to 'Ten Gentlemen from West Point': explains how he got it. When he first tried out for the Pasadena Community Playhouse his voice wouldn't carry past the front rows. Coach Belle Kennedy had him declaim 'How, Now, Brown Cow? and The Rain in Spain Still Stains' - over and over.

/wikipedia copy and paste
Rip Kylee Harris 4.13.93-11.28.08
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
tell him that he is the drummer and that his opinions are invalid

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

Brown cows give Chocolate milk right?
Quote by Sonicxlover
I once told a Metallica fan I liked Megadeth, and he stabbed me 42 times.

harryberg1's phone number :401-787-3317
>_<

Nobody even answered the question in its context.

I don't care what Wikipedia says. I want the stupidest answer any man could want.

WHAT DOES IT MEAN IN THIS CARTOON SHOW FOR 12 YEAR OLDS
TOO MANY PUPPIES

Soda sucks.